ISPR shuns comments of Aitzaz Ahsan regarding links of DG ISI with Maryam Nawaz
RAWALPINDI - Director General Intra Services Public Relations clarified on Friday clarified that the comments passed by few individuals regarding head of a premier intelligence agency were baseless.
Major General Asif Ghafoor clarified in a tweet that the integrity of armed forces was beyond reproach, in a veiled reference to comments passed by Senator Aitzaz Ahsan regarding head of Intra Services Intelligence, ISI.
Comments by few regarding head of premier int agency are baseless, misleading and unwarranted. Integrity of armed forces is beyond reproach.— DG ISPR (@OfficialDGISPR) April 21, 2017
'Comments by few regarding head of premier int agency are baseless, misleading and unwarranted. The integrity of armed forces is beyond reproach' tweeted Asif DG ISPR.
It bears mentioning that PPP stalwart and veteran lawyer Aitzaz Ahsan alleged in one of his interviews that the in-laws of the daughter of Maryam Nawaz were closely linked to General Naveed Mukhtar, head of Pakistan's top intelligence agency, ISI.
Panama Case Verdict Announced: Court orders ... 02:10 PM | 20 Apr, 2017
ISLAMABAD - Supreme Court's larger bench announces the much-awaited verdict of Panama Leaks Case against the ruling ...
Aitzaz, citing the affiliation showed concerns over the fair trial to be done by Joint Investigation Team. Not only that, the PPP senator also observed that top officials of State Bank of Pakistan and FIA were handpicked and so they would not be able to do justice in probing money trail of Sharif family.
The apex court in its historic judgement on Thursday ordered to form a JIT comprising members of Intra Services Intelligence, Military Intelligence, Federal Investigation Agency, Securities and Exchange Commission of Pakistan and National Accountability Bureau.
The JIT would be completing its proceedings in 60 days and would present its report to the apex court fortnightly. After the completion of investigations by JIT, the apex court would decide the political fate of premier Nawaz Sharif whether to disqualify him or not.
Having mentioned the authority delegated to the JIT by the supreme court, its importance increases drastically and so PPP legislator expressed his reservations, however, Pakistan's military spokesperson termed the allegations 'baseless'.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019