After Pemra chief's ouster, LHC orders sacking of PTA chairman Syed Ismail Shah
The directives came on a petition filed by Shiraz Zaka who argued that legally PTA chairman could hold office for up to four years contending that Shah had served as chairman for over five years.
Justice Shahid Kareem, who earlier ordered the sacking of Pakistan electronic Media Regulatory Authority Chairman Absar Alam, ordered the federal government to advertise a vacancy for a new PTA chairman and ensure appointment within a month.
Absar Alam leaves charge as Pemra chairman after ... 10:44 AM | 18 Dec, 2017
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court on Monday set aside the appointment of Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority ...
The outgoing official was appointed as full time chairman of the regulatory body in 2013 after having served as its acting chairman following a Supreme Court ruling which said PTA rules forbid appointment of acting chairman.
- Pakistan initiates dialogue with Taliban for an inclusive Afghan ...03:18 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sindh announces public holiday on Sept 22 to mark Urs of Shah Abdul ...02:33 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Watch: PIA flight receives water cannon salute in Syria01:49 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistan’s Babar Masih outclasses India’s Ishpreet Singh at ...01:44 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- A New SUV is Being Tested on the Roads of Pakistan01:35 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Malala proud of Angelina Jolie for writing a book for children04:55 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Dur-e-Fishan and Danish Taimoor pair up for upcoming drama Ishq e ...04:30 PM | 17 Sep, 2021
- Alka Yagnik super excited for Imran Abbas's new drama serial 'Amanat'04:12 PM | 17 Sep, 2021