After Pemra chief's ouster, LHC orders sacking of PTA chairman Syed Ismail Shah
The directives came on a petition filed by Shiraz Zaka who argued that legally PTA chairman could hold office for up to four years contending that Shah had served as chairman for over five years.
Justice Shahid Kareem, who earlier ordered the sacking of Pakistan electronic Media Regulatory Authority Chairman Absar Alam, ordered the federal government to advertise a vacancy for a new PTA chairman and ensure appointment within a month.
Absar Alam leaves charge as Pemra chairman after ... 10:44 AM | 18 Dec, 2017
LAHORE - The Lahore High Court on Monday set aside the appointment of Pakistan Electronic Media Regulatory Authority ...
The outgoing official was appointed as full time chairman of the regulatory body in 2013 after having served as its acting chairman following a Supreme Court ruling which said PTA rules forbid appointment of acting chairman.
- Dr Nauman barred from hosting show on PTV for insulting Shoaib Akhtar ...10:12 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Top military leadership vows to thwart entire spectrum of threats in ...09:01 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Quddus Bizenjo to be elected Balochistan CM unopposed as PTI’s Rind ...08:28 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Lulusar Polo in Pink 2021: Guard Group qualify for main final07:59 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Katrina Kaif denies rumoured wedding to Vicky Kaushal05:45 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Imran Ashraf and Sadia Khan's latest BTS video goes viral05:00 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Momina Mustehsan leaves everyone awestruck with her melodious voice05:20 PM | 28 Oct, 2021
- Pakistani celebrities who passed away in 202102:00 PM | 17 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021