Indian police arrest Yasin Malik, other leaders in Srinagar
According to Kashmir Media Service, the police took Muhammad Yasin Malik into custody from his residence in Maisuma area of Srinagar to prevent him from participating in programmes being held, today (Monday), in connection with the 29th anniversary of Gaw Kadal massacre.
The Joint Resistance Leadership (JRL) comprising Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik has called for complete shutdown in Gaw Kadal and adjacent areas. The JRL has also called for a march towards Gaw Kadal to hold a public meeting, today.
Over 50 civilians were killed after the troops Indian Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) resorted to indiscriminate firing on demonstrators at Gaw Kadal on this day in 1990. The demonstrators were protesting against the molestation of several women by the troops on the previous night.
The police have also arrested several Hurriyat leaders and activists including Engineer Hilal Ahmed War, Zafar Akbar Butt and Shakeel Ahmed Butt from their residences in Srinagar.
- ‘Kaptaan’ reiterates commitment to fight till last ball03:30 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- WATCH – Aamir Liaquat recites naat after Vote of Confidence03:15 PM | 6 Mar, 2021
- Esra Bilgiç got an admission in a science school?08:53 PM | 5 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021