Indian police arrest Yasin Malik, other leaders in Srinagar
According to Kashmir Media Service, the police took Muhammad Yasin Malik into custody from his residence in Maisuma area of Srinagar to prevent him from participating in programmes being held, today (Monday), in connection with the 29th anniversary of Gaw Kadal massacre.
The Joint Resistance Leadership (JRL) comprising Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik has called for complete shutdown in Gaw Kadal and adjacent areas. The JRL has also called for a march towards Gaw Kadal to hold a public meeting, today.
Over 50 civilians were killed after the troops Indian Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) resorted to indiscriminate firing on demonstrators at Gaw Kadal on this day in 1990. The demonstrators were protesting against the molestation of several women by the troops on the previous night.
The police have also arrested several Hurriyat leaders and activists including Engineer Hilal Ahmed War, Zafar Akbar Butt and Shakeel Ahmed Butt from their residences in Srinagar.
- Governor House doctor arrested on charges of raping woman11:57 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Jahangir Tareen responds to speculations about London visit11:28 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Sindh Governor Ismail donates plasma for COVID-19 patients10:14 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PCB central contract — Bisma retains Pakistan captaincy, head coach ...09:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- PM stresses anti-coronavirus SOPs to avert tough times08:48 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020