Indian police arrest Yasin Malik, other leaders in Srinagar
According to Kashmir Media Service, the police took Muhammad Yasin Malik into custody from his residence in Maisuma area of Srinagar to prevent him from participating in programmes being held, today (Monday), in connection with the 29th anniversary of Gaw Kadal massacre.
The Joint Resistance Leadership (JRL) comprising Syed Ali Gilani, Mirwaiz Umar Farooq and Muhammad Yasin Malik has called for complete shutdown in Gaw Kadal and adjacent areas. The JRL has also called for a march towards Gaw Kadal to hold a public meeting, today.
Over 50 civilians were killed after the troops Indian Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) resorted to indiscriminate firing on demonstrators at Gaw Kadal on this day in 1990. The demonstrators were protesting against the molestation of several women by the troops on the previous night.
The police have also arrested several Hurriyat leaders and activists including Engineer Hilal Ahmed War, Zafar Akbar Butt and Shakeel Ahmed Butt from their residences in Srinagar.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019