Imran Khan reveals assets worth Rs38m with no offshore property
As per the record submitted to the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) PTI’s chairman earned Rs4,776,611 in 2017 and paid Rs303,763 in tax; the nomination documents reveal details of Imran’s earnings from agriculture, salary as MNA bank profits and pension by Pakistan Cricket Board (PCB).
Additionally, the cricketer-turned-politician has multiple foreign currency accounts with two dollar accounts holding $379,760 and $1,470 respectively, and one pound account which holds £7,068. He also has a Euro account, but it's empty.
The documents mentioned Imran's Zaman Park residence in Lahore as inherited property.
The details of the properties owned by Imran Khan are as follows:
- A residential property in Bani Gala worth Rs11,471,000.
- 6 kanal and 16 marla land in village Mohra Noor in Bani Gala, Islamabad, which is worth Rs5,050,000.
- A flat in Islamabad worth Rs11,970,000.
- 243 kanal and 6 marla land in Bhakkar, which is worth Rs4,200,000.
The PTI chief has also submitted details of his foreign trips along with his nomination papers to the ECP estimating his three-days United Kingdom trip at Rs240,000.
Imran's wife, Bushra Bibi, and his two sons with Jemima Khan — Qasim and Sulaiman have been listed as his dependents, however, the sons have been shown as "not financially dependent".
The documents state that Bushra Bibi's assets have not been included as their marriage took place in 2018.
Khan has not mentioned the number of vehicles he owns, leaving the space blank.
A returning officer (RO) on Tuesday rejected Imran's nomination papers for NA-53 for failing to properly fill out the affidavit attached with the nomination papers.
The PTI chief's candidacy was also rejected from NA-95 (Mianwali), the appeal for which has been filed.
Imran Khan given green signal to contest ... 01:59 PM | 19 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Returning Officers deputed for scrutiny of nomination papers for NA-131 and NA-243 have approved the ...
However, Imran's nomination papers were accepted from NA-35 (Bannu), NA-131 (Lahore) and NA-243 (Karachi).
- COAS General Bajwa likely to meet top official during his stay in US10:00 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Miftah Ismail terms slash in POL prices 'reckless' decision09:08 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ace Junior League concludes at Lahore Garrison08:40 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- COAS Bajwa discusses regional security with UN military adviser11:49 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- PAKvENG: England beat Pakistan by 67 runs to win T20I series11:15 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022