Interior minister takes blame for expulsion of Zulfi Bukhari's name from blacklist
Azam admitted that he granted permission to Zulfi Bukhari to travel abroad rejecting the speculation that PTI chief Imran Khan had made a telephone call to him for removing Bukhari’s name from the blacklist.
The interior minister told the Senate Standing Committee on Interior that Bukhari asked for a one-time permission to travel abroad, which was granted.
Azam said he was informed by the interior secretary that Bukhari wanted to travel to Saudi Arabia on religious pilgrimage with PTI chairman Imran Khan, but was stopped from leaving the country due to his name being on the blacklist.
'The interior secretary further told me that Bukhari had submitted an affidavit stating that he would return to Pakistan,' Azam said and added that he granted permission to the British businessman to travel for six days.
IHC directs Zulfi Bukhari to face NAB probe over ... 01:05 PM | 21 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has directed the close friend of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan, ...
He further told the committee that NAB is probing a case pertaining to offshore companies against Bukhari.
The security czar continued that NAB had requested to place Bukhari's name on ECL adding that his name was placed on the blacklist in the absence of a cabinet committee so that he would not leave the country.
Azam's remarks came days after Imran Khan denied placing calls to Azam Khan to request Bukhari’s departure from Pakistan.
The Islamabad High Court (IHC) directed the close friend of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan, Syed Zulfikar Bukhari to join an ongoing probe against him by the National Accountability Bureau.
Bukhari had filed a petition in IHC seeking removal of his name from the blacklist while another petitioner challenged the removal of Zulfi’s name from the blacklist in a short span of time which allowed him to leave the country for Umrah ahead of Eid ul Fitr.
- US Central Command chief discusses security cooperation with COAS ...12:21 PM | 3 Dec, 2022
- SEDF, U Bank join hands for provision of subsidised credit to MSMEs ...11:19 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Afghanistan condemns Pakistan embassy attack, assures action against ...10:49 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- PAKvENG, Day 3: Abdullah, Imam slam tons as Pakistan continue to ...10:18 AM | 3 Dec, 2022
- Meet Pakistan's most streamed Spotify artist of the year08:36 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Pakistani TikTok sensation Ayesha's new videos shock her fans09:59 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- 'Hum Tum Season 2' in the works? Here is what Ahad Raza Mir says11:16 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Karachi among world’s least expensive cities in new report09:30 PM | 2 Dec, 2022
- Timeline of Pakistan Army Generals during country’s 75 year-long ...10:28 AM | 29 Nov, 2022
- Only two Pakistani universities make it to Asia’s top 10003:15 PM | 10 Nov, 2022
- Pakistanis named among 'The World's Most Influential 500 Muslims'10:16 PM | 2 Nov, 2022