Interior minister takes blame for expulsion of Zulfi Bukhari's name from blacklist
Azam admitted that he granted permission to Zulfi Bukhari to travel abroad rejecting the speculation that PTI chief Imran Khan had made a telephone call to him for removing Bukhari’s name from the blacklist.
The interior minister told the Senate Standing Committee on Interior that Bukhari asked for a one-time permission to travel abroad, which was granted.
Azam said he was informed by the interior secretary that Bukhari wanted to travel to Saudi Arabia on religious pilgrimage with PTI chairman Imran Khan, but was stopped from leaving the country due to his name being on the blacklist.
'The interior secretary further told me that Bukhari had submitted an affidavit stating that he would return to Pakistan,' Azam said and added that he granted permission to the British businessman to travel for six days.
IHC directs Zulfi Bukhari to face NAB probe over ... 01:05 PM | 21 Jun, 2018
ISLAMABAD - The Islamabad High Court (IHC) has directed the close friend of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan, ...
He further told the committee that NAB is probing a case pertaining to offshore companies against Bukhari.
The security czar continued that NAB had requested to place Bukhari's name on ECL adding that his name was placed on the blacklist in the absence of a cabinet committee so that he would not leave the country.
Azam's remarks came days after Imran Khan denied placing calls to Azam Khan to request Bukhari’s departure from Pakistan.
The Islamabad High Court (IHC) directed the close friend of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf chief Imran Khan, Syed Zulfikar Bukhari to join an ongoing probe against him by the National Accountability Bureau.
Bukhari had filed a petition in IHC seeking removal of his name from the blacklist while another petitioner challenged the removal of Zulfi’s name from the blacklist in a short span of time which allowed him to leave the country for Umrah ahead of Eid ul Fitr.
- BISE Lahore announces date for Intermediate part-II results12:32 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan expecting rollover of $2bn SAFE deposits from China12:10 PM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Child dies from polio in northwestern Pakistan; cases tally rises to ...11:44 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Twitter withholds Govt of Pakistan’s official account in India11:22 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- Japan’s wrestling legend turned politician Antonio Inoki passes ...10:48 AM | 1 Oct, 2022
- 'First-ever Indian singer to have his own private island with a lake, ...10:14 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Saim Sadiq's Joyland nominated for Oscars by Pakistani Academy ...08:09 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Fawad Khan and Hamza Ali Abbasi exchange banter on live show11:59 PM | 30 Sep, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022