PPP's Mustafa Nawaz Khokhar granted bail for riots outside NAB office
Besides Khokhar, PPP Islamabad chapter President Raja Shakeel was also granted bail by the court, a day after the Secretariat Police Station had registered a First Information Report against Khokhar, Shakeel as well as 20 others for rioting and attacking police officials during the appearance of Bilawal Bhutto and Asif Ali Zardari before NAB Rawalpindi.
Hundreds of charged PPP loyalists gathered outside the bureau's office on Wednesday to accord a rousing welcome to their leaders. Some of the workers also engaged in scuffled with security personnel.
Senator Khokhar himself was captured in a widely circulated video in which the lawmaker was roughing up a policeman - the legislator was condemned for his action, however, following the session court's decision, Khokhar said that the cases registered against him and other party workers "were like medals".
Bilawal, Zardari record statements before NAB ... 10:27 AM | 20 Mar, 2019
RAWALPINDI – Pakistan Peoples Party PPP chairman Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and former president Asif Ali Zardari ...
"The dozens of arrested PPP workers sent to Adiala Jail will have their bail applications heard tomorrow," he said in a statement.
The PPP chairman's spokesperson also accused Minister of State for Interior Shehryar Afridi for threatening state coercion during Bilawal and Zardari's next appearance before the accountability watchdog.
The PPP claimed dozens of its workers were arrested and 10 suffered injuries during the police cracked down.
On the other hand, law enforcement officials said six of their personnel were injured as the protesters threw rocks and scuffled with the security.
Bilawal Bhutto and former president Asif Ali Zardari recorded their statements in the money laundering case.
A press release by NAB said Bilawal Bhutto Zardari and Asif Ali Zardari were questioned by the combined investigation team (CIT) under the supervision of DG NAB Rawalpindi Irfan Mangi for approximately two hours on three cases.
NAB also handed a questionnaire on the three cases and informed that this should be submitted to the CIT within 10 days.
- Pakistan gets UAE nod to hold remaining matches of PSL 2021 in Abu ...06:01 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Board exams across Pakistan to be held at any cost: NCOC05:24 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Sakina Abbas becomes Pakistan’s first female Google Developers ...04:22 PM | 18 May, 2021
- US approves release of Pakistani prisoner from Guantanamo Bay03:55 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas's recent statement leaves the internet divided02:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Nora Fatehi's bold dance video in gym goes viral01:41 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Ali Zafar celebrates birthday in style01:15 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021