Ishaq Dar to unveil 2017-18 budget on May 26
According to insiders, the government has decided to increase the salary and pension of government employees. However, the rate of increase has not been decided yet.
Just after returning from China, Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif formally sent an advice to President Mamnoon Hussain to summon National Assembly and Senate sessions on May 24 and 26, respectively, for the presentation of the federal budget 2017-18.
The prime minister has also sent a summary to the president requesting him to summon a joint session of both houses of parliament on June 1 for the mandatory annual presidential address. This will be the fourth address of President Mamnoon to parliament since his election in September 2013.
No major relief is expected in the budget unless the prime minister decides to intervene. However, the prime minister will convene a special meeting on the budget after his return from Riyadh.
- At least 3 players, 5 staff members contract Covid ahead of PSL 202209:52 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan reports 6,540 new Covid infections, 12 deaths as uptick ...09:27 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...09:08 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 22 January 202208:42 AM | 22 Jan, 2022
- Setting a new standard for smartphones in our changing world11:32 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities condemn tragic Lahore blast04:49 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Why did Princess Diana express interest in interfaith marriage and ...07:13 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- 11 Pakistani films to be screened at Dubai Expo Film Festival05:14 PM | 21 Jan, 2022
- Who has scored most runs in Pakistan Super League? Here’s list of ...01:52 PM | 15 Jan, 2022
- Where does Pakistan stand in world's most powerful passport list in ...11:27 AM | 13 Jan, 2022
- Pakistan’s Top News Moments of 202110:47 PM | 31 Dec, 2021
- Famous Figures We Lost in 202107:03 PM | 31 Dec, 2021