Balochistan: Imam among nine injured in Chaman mosque blast
According to police sources, the blast occurred when the people were offering Maghrib (evening) prayer.
The prayer leader (imam or khateeb) of the mosque was among those were rushed to Civil Hospital Chaman for medical treatment where a state of emergency has been imposed.
The mosque is located on Taj Road in Chaman, which lies near the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.
A video shared on Twitter appeared to show the damage caused by the explosion in the mosque.
At least 10 injured including the Imam leading Maghreb prayers in a mosque in Chaman, #Balochistan. Initials details show that the explosives went off in the Mehrab of the mosque. pic.twitter.com/uqhx85DMhh— Iftikhar Firdous (@IftikharFirdous) November 21, 2018
Officials of police and other law enforcement agencies rushed to the site and cordoned off the entire area. No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
The incident comes on a day when Eid Miladun Nabi is being celebrated across the country amid strict security.
This story will be updated in case of new information.
- Sushant Singh Rajput's death confirmed as ‘suicide’ on first ...07:04 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- National Foods attracts overseas Pakistanis with Brainchild ...06:41 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- FM Qureshi, Russia’s Lavrove emphasise on strong Islamabad-Moscow ...06:36 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Budget 2021-22: Punjab proposes tax cut on 10 businesses06:12 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Producer of Christchurch mosque attack movie resigns after backlash05:02 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Meesha Shafi becomes certified yoga instructor04:20 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- Ushna Shah and Juveria Abbasi enjoy beach day out03:05 PM | 14 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021