Balochistan: Imam among nine injured in Chaman mosque blast
According to police sources, the blast occurred when the people were offering Maghrib (evening) prayer.
The prayer leader (imam or khateeb) of the mosque was among those were rushed to Civil Hospital Chaman for medical treatment where a state of emergency has been imposed.
The mosque is located on Taj Road in Chaman, which lies near the Pakistan-Afghanistan border.
A video shared on Twitter appeared to show the damage caused by the explosion in the mosque.
At least 10 injured including the Imam leading Maghreb prayers in a mosque in Chaman, #Balochistan. Initials details show that the explosives went off in the Mehrab of the mosque. pic.twitter.com/uqhx85DMhh— Iftikhar Firdous (@IftikharFirdous) November 21, 2018
Officials of police and other law enforcement agencies rushed to the site and cordoned off the entire area. No group has so far claimed responsibility for the attack.
The incident comes on a day when Eid Miladun Nabi is being celebrated across the country amid strict security.
This story will be updated in case of new information.
- Lal Masjid cleric Abdul Aziz booked for using TTP's name to threaten ...09:53 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- PM’s aide Shahzad Akbar tests positive for Covid-1909:24 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani, Canadian FMs discuss Afghanistan in phone call09:10 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Sindh govt to pay for treatment of Pakistan’s second tallest man08:50 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- Pakistani celebs express disappointment after NZ tour called off05:30 PM | 18 Sep, 2021
- ‘Dafaa Hojao Tum’ — Resham set to star in Faseeh Bari Khan's ...04:59 PM | 18 Sep, 2021