PM Imran, President Trump vow to continue efforts for peace in Afghanistan
ISLAMABAD – Pakistan and the US on Thursday agreed to continue to work together for the advancement of peace and reconciliation process for a peaceful and stable Afghanistan.
Prime Minister Imran Khan and US President Donald reaffirmed their commitment during a telephonic conversation during which bilateral and regional issues were discussed.
The prime minister conveyed that the release of Western hostages in Afghanistan by Talibal was a positive development and Pakistan was happy that they were safe and free.
President Trump thanked the premier for Pakistan’s efforts in facilitating this positive outcome.
PM Imran also apprised President Trump of the current situation in Indian occupied Jammu and Kashmir, underscoring that over 8 million people remained under siege for over 100 days now.
Appreciating President Trump’s continued engagement as well as mediation offer, Khan stressed that the President must continue his efforts for facilitation of a peaceful solution of the Jammu & Kashmir dispute.
Recalling their conversations in Washington and New York, the two leaders agreed to deepen bilateral collaboration, including in relevant multilateral fora. The two leaders further agreed to remain in close contact.
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Carrefour Pakistan supports 50 deserving families in Lahore07:10 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Deal of the Century? Palestine rejects Trump's proposed Middle East ...06:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019