Pakistan not to send Intelligence Bureau chief to India for SAARC meeting
The two-day meeting is set to start from Thursday in New Delhi. It aims to discuss regional security matters and the cooperation among the member states ahead of annual SAARC summit which is scheduled to be held in Pakistan this year.
Indian Director of Intelligence Bureau Dineshwar Sharma is hosting the meeting in New Delhi. The intelligence chiefs of all Saarc countries have been invited.
DG IB Aftab Sultan was expected to visit India to attend the meeting, however, Indian Home Ministry on Wednesday said that instead of him Pakistani High Commission to India Abdul Basit will represent the country.
Earlier on Sunday, a group of attackers stormed India's Uri base in Occupied Kashmir, killing 18 troops. India blamed Pakistan for the incident, however, Pakistan called it India's attempt to divert attention from Indian atrocities in Kashmir during the last two months.
- Pakistan makes it to Amazon’s approved seller list12:05 PM | 6 May, 2021
- Shafqat Mahmood shoots down rumours about cancellation of class 9, 11 ...11:30 AM | 6 May, 2021
- PM Imran to inaugurate mega-development projects in Lahore today11:09 AM | 6 May, 2021
- Pakistan registers 4,198 new COVID-19 cases, 108 deaths in 24 hours10:33 AM | 6 May, 2021
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-06-Updated 10:00 ...09:40 AM | 6 May, 2021
- Salman Khan and Disha Patani sizzle in Radhe title track10:07 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021