PM Imran leaves for New York to attend UNGA session
According to media details, Foreign Minister Shah Mehmood Qureshi, Advisor on Finance Dr Hafeez Shaikh, Special Assistant on Overseas Pakistanis Zulfikar Abbas Bukhari are also accompanying the premier.
The premier will highlight Kashmir issue during the UNGA session as his visit revolving around India's decision to revoke the special status of occupied Kashmir and the ongoing human rights violations in the held-valley.
Prime Minister Imran Khan will deliver a keynote address to the UN General Assembly on 27th of this month and share Pakistan’s perspective and position on the Jammu and Kashmir dispute and its current human rights and related dimensions.
During the week-long visit, the Prime Minister will also avail the opportunity to articulate Pakistan’s perspective on some key contemporary issues including the centrality of the Jammu and Kashmir dispute through myriad engagements.
Imran Khan will hold several bilateral meetings with his counterparts from various regions and participate in high-level UN summits on climate change, sustainable development, universal health coverage and financing for development.
The Prime Minister will also attend and speak at high-level side events co-hosted by Pakistan and Turkey on countering hate speech and on environmental protection and poverty alleviation, co-hosted by Malaysia and Pakistan.
A trilateral summit meeting of Pakistan, Malaysia and Turkey will also be held on the General Assembly sidelines.
Apart from these engagements, the Prime Minister will interact with a cross-section of international media outlets including meetings with editorial boards, the Radio Pakistan reported.
Imran Khan’s speaking engagements at leading think-tanks and meetings with heads of major international human rights organizations are also envisaged.
The Prime Minister’s visit will further reinforce Pakistan’s abiding commitment to the UN Charter, international law and cooperative multilateralism, with the UN at its core.
- PTI minister tells why PM Imran can’t expel French ambassador11:55 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- 12 security personnel taken hostage by TLP protesters recovered: ...10:53 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Syria goes to the polls next month09:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Marastyal – KPK launches mobile app to lodge complaints against ...08:38 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Unknown persons booked for disrespecting 'King Priest' at Mohenjo-Daro08:04 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Aamir Liaquat takes a terrible fall during race in Ramadan show ...06:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Imran Abbas appointed goodwill ambassador by Turkey03:19 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Arjun Rampal, Neil Nitin Mukesh test positive for Covid-1902:01 PM | 18 Apr, 2021
- Pakistani passport still fourth-worst for international travel in 202110:31 AM | 17 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021: Pakistan issues new guidelines to stem third Covid wave12:15 PM | 14 Apr, 2021
- Ten Stars who were Student Athletes04:30 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021