NAB recovers Rs.71b in 10 years, NA told
Ministry of Law & Justice in a written reply to a question of Senator Talha Mahmood says that amount recovered on account of corruption and corrupt practices is Rs 25.815 billion, amount recovered on account of bank default is Rs 6.887 billion and court fine imposed in NAB cases is Rs 23.003 billion.
The recovered amount is surrendered to the Federal Consolidated Fund. Certain approved percentage of recovery is provided to NAB under the Para (4) of Recovery and Reward (Fund) Rules and the major portion is utilized for budgetary support requirements.
Answering to another question, Law Minster Zahid Haimd said that federal secretaries have forwarded 34 alleged cases of corruption in their departments during the last 5 years to NAB.
Giving details, the minister said that seven inquires and one investigation was sent to NAB (Rawalpindi), seven inquires and four investigation sent to NAB (Lahore), three inquiries to NAB (Quetta), nine inquires and four investigation to NAB (Karachi).
- Pakistan, West Indies to face each other in 2nd T20I today03:42 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani-American Khizr Khan to head top religious freedom body in US02:40 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan condemns India’s politicization of cricket after BCCI ...01:42 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021