LUMS student 'robbed by armed Uber driver' in Lahore
The woman says the driver "asked me to lend my mobile phone for an emergency call but threatened me with his gun when I asked to return it".
"In a state of utter confusion, I started calling the people outside and jumped from the car and suffered several injuries on my body," she wrote in a post on Instagram.
"I called up my dad who pulled strings in several places which led to an extremely efficient and thorough investigation of the entire incident," she added.
Momina asserted that the rides on taxi services like Uber and Careem are not safe and one must not take a journey alone as it was not only theft attempt but kidnapping.
The young girl asked the citizens to "stand together as one and try to defeat these evil people who have crept into our society".
People took to Twitter to express their rage over the horrific incident the young student faced, soon after her story was shared by her sister.
Very sad and frightening incident @Uber . We shud raise voice urging @Uber to be careful in enlisting drivers. All kudos to Momina Ashraf to have handeled the situation bravely. @Ashrafmalkham https://t.co/3Cghkss015— Khawar Azhar (@Khawar69) April 22, 2018
Hey how is she? Just tell her to be strong. Really proud of her courage.— Haseeb (@HaseebTheShah) April 21, 2018
The ride-hailing company Uber has yet to comment on the incident.
- World Contraception Day 2020 — Experts for managing population, ...12:18 AM | 27 Sep, 2020
- Pak Army solider martyred in Indian firing along LoC11:34 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- PIA indebted to Karachi plane crash survivor for trusting national ...10:30 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- 13 burnt alive after passenger vehicle catches fire in Sindh’s ...09:44 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Sajal Aly and Janhvi Kapoor send each other love on Instagram03:11 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Drug probe: Deepika Padukone, Shraddha Kapoor, Sara Ali Khan ...02:30 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Lily Collins is engaged to Charlie McDowell02:03 PM | 26 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020