Lahore paraglider pilot dies in Chitral
Local police said a paraglider from Lahore, identified as Khawaja Shiraz Nasir, son of Major (r) Shahid Nasir was flying from Moghlasht to Charira in his glider when it fell from high altitude due to stormy winds.
Nasir’s backbone was fractured due to the impact and was rushed to DHQ hospital but he died on the way.
A close friend of Nasir said, the deceased was associated with paragliding for ten years and was the chief executive of Adventure Travel Pakistan.
Hindu Kush Paragliding Association expressed heartfelt grief and sorrow over the death of Nasir and prayed for eternal peace to his soul.
Shiraz's funeral will be offered today (Thursday) at 4:30pm in Masjid Chowk DHA-4, Lahore.
- FM Qureshi inaugurates new Pakistan embassy building in Doha11:23 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- PSL 2020 – Match 11: Peshawar Zalmi beat Lahore Qalandars by 16 runs11:13 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- At least 30 dead, dozens injured in Rohri train crash11:07 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- UN alarmed after ongoing anti-Muslim violence leaves 42 dead in India10:54 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Fracture rules Bismah Maroof out of ICC Women’s T20 World Cup 202010:41 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Canada will no longer pay for Harry and Meghan's security03:56 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Here's what Navin Waqar does to stay fit03:36 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Scientists think they know how stress causes grey hair03:04 PM | 28 Feb, 2020
- Top 10 most searched people of 2019 in Pakistan06:52 PM | 12 Feb, 2020
- Top five impressive benefits of Orange juice07:14 PM | 6 Feb, 2020
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019