It’s so difficult to find time amidst a busy work schedule and take time off for a trip.
It’s easy to always tell yourself “I’ll go the next time I have some days off”.
I saw Sastaticket.pk’s amazing discounts and was immediately reminded of one of the best travel experiences I’ve ever had.
I have never been a travel person but recently I developed this urge to travel the world and experience different cultures. We live in a world speckled with sky-high mountains, never-ending oceans and nature that leaves us awestruck. My trip to Thailand was a sudden plan; the kind of crazy plans that are conjured up out of nowhere when four girls get together on sleepovers and share their bucket list locations.
Just like that, we were skimming through locations when the name Thailand popped in the conversation and my sister jumped with excitement saying ‘let’s go to Thailand’. Belonging to a fairly conservative family, I was so sure my dad would never allow me to go alone.
We huddled together and planned things to the last detail. The most difficult part was taking permission from our parents. It wasn’t easy and at one point, I thought it wasn’t going to happen.
There comes a time in everyone’s life where they have to rebel to fulfil their dreams and that is exactly what I did with my newborn dream of travelling.
So three months later, we boarded the plane to Thailand. Yes, we managed to get permission after all. Our biggest hurdle was that the air space over Pakistan was restricted due to which flights were cancelled. We booked a flight with Sri Lankan airlines. Due to the tensions between India and Pakistan, they closed operations for more than a month. We were stuck. We got our tickets from Sastaticket.pk because the tickets were cheaper there and easier to purchase.
Sitting on the plane for the very first time in my life, I never knew that the trip will turn into a rollercoaster ride, the kind which scares you but at the end, you say, ‘that was fun’.
First Stop – Bangkok
Our first stop was Bangkok, which is the capital of Thailand. Being a country famous for its beaches and shopping, how could we have resisted exploring the malls and markets in Bangkok? One such market was ‘Indira Market’. Roaming through the streets, my sister`s wallet got stolen within seconds which was the first hitch in our 9-day-long trip. We tried looking for the wallet but all our efforts were in vain. From spending lavishly we shifted to being on a shoestring budget within seconds.
One of the most well-known places in Bangkok and a must-visit place when in Bangkok is the Grand Palace. It was built in 1782 and used to be a royal residence for the king. The palace has fully detailed architecture and colourful designs which tells a beautiful story of the Thai culture. The palace was quite huge and it took us 3-4 hours to see everything in it. I would advise going there early in the morning to explore and enjoy it.
For all the shopaholics, MBK Mall, Platinum Mall, Siam Discovery, Siam Paragon, and Indira market will surely be a treat.
• When in Bangkok keep your money, passport and mobile safe at all times.
• There is a strict dress code for the grand palace which is keeping your shoulders and knees covered
• The entrance fee is 500 Baht
Second - Stop Pattaya
Pattaya, the city that never sleeps, is like mini Vegas which is the most happening city of Thailand. Bangkok to Pattaya is only 2 hours drive and one can easily go there on public transport which is pretty cheap.
Pattaya is famous for its Walking Street which is the liveliest street you will ever come across. We visited Coral Island which was a must-see place because of its crystal clear water. If you want to enjoy the alluring charm of the beach and are not a fan of a huge crowd then visit the Island early in the morning. Other beaches which are enjoyable and near to the city, are Pattaya beach and Jomtien beach. Pattaya has relaxing massage parlours which you can visit after partying hard.
• You can either catch a speed boat or ferry to Coral Island. Before going there do confirm the return time of the ferry so that you can return to the city easily
Third stop – Phuket
Phuket is famous for its picture-perfect white-sand beaches.
We had to catch a flight to Phuket and the moment we stepped foot in Phuket, I felt like I’m in a different place.
The best part about Phuket was that we easily found Halal restaurants there.
Bangkok and Pattaya have halal food as well but it's restricted to Indian food.
Phuket has a variety of fast-food restaurants which are halal and oh-so-delicious.
We visited Phi Phi Islands and James Bond Beach in Phuket.
We got to experience Thai culture uniquely as it was Thai New Year (Songkran).
Songkran is Thailand’s most famous festival. An important event on the Buddhist calendar, this water festival marks the beginning of the traditional Thai New Year. Luckily we were in Phuket at that time. Thailand’s largest island is buzzing with activity during Songkran, especially in the Patong Beach area. Expect gridlocked streets filled with pickup trucks throwing water at locals and tourists alike. Along Bangla Road, which is where you’ll find the liveliest nightspots in Patong, Songkran celebrations continue well into the wee hours. Live music and traditional performances make up part of these hugely enjoyable celebrations...
• Booking a tour for Phi Phi Islands and James Bond Island is more convenient
Even though we experienced a few mishaps during the trip, this trip was surely the most memorable trip of our lives.
Looking back at the trip makes us ‘hysterical’, thinking how this trip was a life-changing experience for us. We learned how to be responsible, how to let loose and have fun and how to find a way when there is none.
Thailand is a must-see place and is safe for girls as no one even looks at you if you are walking alone in the middle of the night.
After this 9 days long trip all I want to say is that “This heart of mine was made to travel the world”.
- PM Imran inaugurates national anti-polio drive09:51 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- UN terms India’s new citizenship law as 'discriminatory' against ...09:19 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran to visit Saudi Arabia today to discuss bilateral ties08:45 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- Man attempts to throw eggs at Sheikh Rasheed in Sargodha01:27 AM | 14 Dec, 2019
- US peace envoy Khalilzad updates Pakistan's FM Qureshi about talks ...08:46 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Thank you so much for 3 million followers: Imran Abbas04:53 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Matrix 4 to clash with John Wick 4 as both films get same release date04:33 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Faysal Quraishi raises Rs 3 million for charity01:56 PM | 13 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019