NAB launches probe into Pakistan Sports Board corruption
The bureau will file a probe into alleged corruption and irregularities in Pakistan sports board after its executive board approved an enquiry against federal Sports minister Riaz Pirzada and DG Sports Board Akhtar Ganjera.
The chief of the anti-corruption watchdog issued the inquiry orders over a complaint which alleges that Pakistan Sports Board has been found involved in corruption and irregularities in Narowal Sports City, Liaquat Gymnasium Projects.
The officials are also allegedly involved in misusing their authority and use of funds for their personal interest and illegal appointments which resulted in a huge loss to public money.
NAB will also verify a complaint against Balochistan assembly member Anita Irfan for alleged irregularities in allotting Christian Welfare Housing Society plots to several people who were not deserving.
- Pakistan, India face off in first Olympic event final in 53 years11:52 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Travellers vaccinated with Sinopharm, Sinovac allowed to enter Saudi ...11:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- INS Vikrant: India's first indigenous aircraft carrier begins sea ...10:40 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Abdul Qayyum Niazi: Who is the new PM of Azad Jammu & Kashmir?10:12 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Wife accuses Yo Yo Honey Singh of domestic violence05:34 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Aima Baig dances her heart out on sister’s mayoun (VIDEO)04:32 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Mahira Khan leaves fans thrilled with first teaser of ‘Prince ...04:01 PM | 4 Aug, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021