Want to give KPT case to NAB for inquiry: NA body
The meeting of National Assembly Standing Committee on port and Shipping was held under the chair of Tariq Basheer Cheema.
The chairman said that the external audit of KPT was not held for past five years and according to the law audit must be conducted every year.
He further stated that irregularities worth billion of rupees existed in KPT. The chairman also pointed out that the behavior of the Chairman and secretary was unsatisfactory.
On this the General Manager of KPT, Nazeer Ahmed told the committee that KPT runs through act and it’s up to federal government for whom he selected for audit.
He said that audit of KPT for the financial year 2013-14 had been conducted and report also issued. He further explained that external audit of KTP is being conducting regularly and added that an auditor was appointed that conducted financial year 2009-10 audit and submitted the report.
Late the Chairman of committee stated that the next meeting of committee will be held in Karachi so that secretary and chairman present in the meeting.
- COVID restrictions — Sindh extends business timing after pressure ...08:43 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- When will Shehbaz Sharif, son Hamza be released on parole?07:45 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- No ban on visas for Pakistani workers, clarifies UAE07:40 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Nabeel Zuberi takes lead role in Aulaad05:29 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat gets surprised by some secret admirer (VIDEO)05:21 PM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Three games run better on Xbox Series X compared to PS509:56 AM | 26 Nov, 2020
- Celebs turning 60 in 202007:48 PM | 24 Nov, 2020
- 10 Richest Actresses of All Time09:20 PM | 23 Nov, 2020
- Karachi among 10 cheapest cities to live in 202006:12 PM | 19 Nov, 2020