Security forces foil suicide attack in Quetta, kill attacker
As security forces crossed a check post, the attacker opened fire on the personnel and wanted to detonate himself near the vehicle.
However, the assailant was killed in retaliatory firing. The forces during checking found a suicide vest, which was attached to the body of the attacker.
Later, a team of bomb disposal squad was called to the site where the explosive device was diffused by taking timely action.
The identity of the attacker is yet to be ascertained, while no group has claimed responsibility for this attempted suicide attack.
Police and security officials are often targetted in the Balochistan capital.
On Feb 28, four security personnel were martyred and six others injured in a suicide attack in Nauhisar area on the outskirts of the provincial capital. The blast targeted a Frontier Corps (FC) check post in the Darvish Belili area of the provincial capital.
Four security personnel were martyred on Feb 14 when they were attacked near the city's Sariab Road area. Police said unidentified attackers, riding a motorcycle, targetted a motorcycle patrol of the Frontier Corps (FC) while it was on routine duty along with a railway track.
Similarly, a police constable was shot dead by unidentified attackers on the city's Raisani Road on January 16.
- After Punjab, Sindh allows markets to remain open sans timings bar ...05:24 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Kubra Khan’s killer dance moves win over internet03:00 PM | 3 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022
- 42 Pakistani universities make it to Times Higher Education Asia ...07:52 PM | 1 Jun, 2022
- Four Pakistanis make it to Forbes 30 Under 30 Asia List 202209:53 PM | 28 May, 2022
- Five best Pakistani YouTube channels that would make your Ramadan ...12:24 PM | 15 Apr, 2022