WB announces Pakistan as 'top reformer' in South Asia
Pakistan’s ranking has improved for the first time in the last fifteen years in ‘Ease of Doing Business Index’ and now the country stands at 136th rank.
According to the WB, "Pakistan improved in six areas measured by Doing Business—starting a business, dealing with construction permits, getting electricity, registering property, paying taxes and trading across borders—reflecting the country’s development of an ambitious reform strategy including the establishment of the national secretariat and Prime Minister’s reform steering committee".
"In addition to improvements in property registration, obtaining a construction permit became easier after the Sindh Building and Control Authority and the Lahore Development Authority streamlined approval workflows and improved the operational efficiency of their one-stop shops," read the statement issued by the World Bank.
The launching of online portals for new commercial connections made getting electricity easier, and tariff changes are announced in advance.
Moreover, tax compliance became easier through online payment modules for value added tax and corporate income tax, and a lower corporate income tax rate.
Pakistan made trading across borders easier by enhancing the integration of various agencies into an electronic system and by improving coordination of joint physical inspections at the port, concluded the WB.
- Dozen injured in Balochistan football ground blast10:15 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- vivo Pakistan announces contactless customer support via WhatsApp09:56 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- TLP chief Saad Hussain Rizvi booked under Anti-Terrorism Act09:40 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Australian HC Dr Geoffrey Shaw wishes Ramadan Mubarak to Pakistanis09:17 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- realme Gaming Championship – Narzo edition comes to end setting ...08:57 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Mohammad Amir celebrates 29th birthday04:50 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Zainab Abbas becomes first Pakistani female presenter to join Sky ...04:02 PM | 13 Apr, 2021
- Celebrities photoshopped with their younger selves11:41 AM | 9 Apr, 2021
- Ten New IPO Billionaires in 202107:59 PM | 8 Apr, 2021
- Ramadan 2021 – Tips for busy professionals01:52 PM | 7 Apr, 2021