10 Pakistani soldiers among 27 confirmed dead in Chilas bus crash
Women and children are among over a dozen injured in the crash on Sunday morning. The bus was travelling from Skardu, a famous tourist destination, to the garrison city of Rawalpindi when the accident occurred in the country's northern region of Gilgit-Baltistan, which borders China.
All the injured were airlifted by Army Aviation helicopters and shifted to CMH Gilgit, the Inte Services Public Relations (ISPR) said in a statement.
According to Diamer police spokesperson Mohammad Wakeel, the driver lost control of the bus early Sunday morning, and it collided against a mountain. It is yet unclear how the driver lost control of the vehicle.
According to the Pakistan Bureau of Statistics, around 9,000 road accidents are reported every year, killing around 4,000 people.
This is a developing story and will be updated soon.
- Pakistan FM discusses Palestine issue with Chinese counterpart amid ...10:42 PM | 15 May, 2021
- UAE’s Etihad, flydubai airlines cancel flights to Israel amid ...09:23 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Israel destroys another Gaza building housing offices of Al Jazeera, ...07:52 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Bollywood diva Madhuri Dixit turns 5404:47 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Here's what your favourite stars wore on Eid-ul-Fitr11:51 AM | 15 May, 2021
- ‘Uncle Sargam’ — Renowned columnist, TV artist Farooq Qaiser ...09:19 PM | 14 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021