PM Imran in New York to lead Pakistan delegation at UNGA session
The Pakistani premier will address to the 193-member Assembly on Friday sharing Pakistan’s perspective and position on the Jammu and Kashmir dispute, and its current human rights and related dimensions.
Imran Khan will enunciate Islamabad's position on key global and regional issues before one of the largest gatherings of leaders from around the world.
He will specifically focus on the deteriorating situation in the occupied Kashmir, particularly the grave violations of human rights taking place there, since August 5 when Indian Prime Minister Narendra Modi moved to annex the Occupied state.
Prime Minister Imran Khan is expected to make a clarion call on the international community and the United Nations to live up to their promise of the right to self-determination of the people of Jammu and Kashmir in accordance with the relevant UN Security Council resolutions.
Khan, during his seven-day visit, will hold several bilateral meetings with his counterparts, including United States President Donald Trump and participating in high-level UN summits on climate change, sustainable development, universal health coverage and financing for development.
During his visit, the prime minister will also attend and speak at high-level side events co-hosted by Pakistan and Turkey on countering hate speech and on environmental protection and poverty alleviation, co-hosted by Malaysia and Pakistan.
A trilateral summit meeting of Pakistan, Malaysia and Turkey will be held on the General Assembly session's sidelines.
Apart from these engagements, the prime minister will interact with international media outlets, including meetings with editorial boards. Speaking engagements at leading think-tanks, including the Council on Foreign Relations and the Asia Society, and meetings with heads of major international human rights organizations are also on his schedule.
The PM’s visit will further reinforce Pakistan’s abiding commitment to the UN Charter, international law and cooperative multilateralism, with the UN at its core.
- Biden phones Netanyahu, Abbas as death toll in Israeli airstrikes on ...07:54 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone Tauktae – Heavy rains kill 4, affect over 42,000 in Sri ...06:14 PM | 16 May, 2021
- US forces leave key Afghanistan military base05:22 PM | 16 May, 2021
- Cyclone TAUKTAE 'will not make landfall on Pakistan's coastal belt'04:52 PM | 16 May, 2021
- ‘New beginnings’ – Ghana Ali all set to tie the knot01:19 PM | 16 May, 2021
- MD Glam on why women should say no to skincare products made from ...10:01 AM | 16 May, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 9 million Insta followers in style10:06 PM | 15 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021