Taliban arrest four border guards over removing Pakistan flag from aid truck
KABUL – Taliban on Wednesday said that they have arrested four border guards involved in removing Pakistan’s flag from aid trucks along the Torkham border in Afghanistan.
The incident happened on Sunday on Afghan side when 17 edible items-laden trucks crossed into neighbouring through Torkham border.
A viral video, which surfaced a day earlier, shows one of the fighters, who are deputed at the border crossing, removing a flag hoisted on the side of a parked aid truck sent by Pakistan.
Taliban spokesperson Zabihullah Mujahid in a statement said that the entire cabinet of the Islamic Emirate had expressed sadness over the incident.
Saying the incident must have hurt the neigbouring country, Mujahid extended an apology, adding that they desired good ties with Pakistan.
He said that the officials involved in the incident had been arrested and disarmed, adding that they will bear the full weight of the law.
Taliban spox heaps praise on PM Imran for peace ... 01:56 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
ISLAMABAD – Taliban spokesman and Deputy Minister for Information and Culture Zabihullah Mujahid Tuesday ...
- JUI-F lawmaker Maulana Ayubi shares how to make alcohol ‘halal’ ...11:25 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- PCB celebrates Babar Azam’s birthday in style (VIDEO)10:59 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Aqeel, Bilal, Amna win double crowns in Sapphire Open National Tennis10:40 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Cooking oil prices increased by up to Rs110 per litre in utility ...10:22 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Zarnish Khan wants trolls to stop mocking Meera's English09:26 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Momal Sheikh leaves fans awestruck with latest pictures03:30 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Atif Aslam’s wife Sara Bharwana’s celebrates her birthday in style09:45 PM | 16 Oct, 2021
- India falls to 101 in Global Hunger Index 2021, 9 ranks below Pakistan10:54 AM | 16 Oct, 2021
- Celebrity deaths in 202111:59 PM | 12 Oct, 2021
- Hollywood stars with surprising hidden talents07:11 PM | 13 Sep, 2021
- Celebrities who are gifted athletes05:57 PM | 5 Sep, 2021