Young chefs in the making at Sharjah Children’s Reading Festival
The hour-long cooking workshop, provided by Culinary Boutique, was part of the 10th edition of the festival, themed ‘Your Future… Just a Book Away’.
As 10 children commenced their cooking journey, they were able to create every aspect of their pasta dish from scratch – from the spaghetti dough to its accompanying tomato sauce. The youngsters cracked eggs and mixed flour in, before flattening their dough and carefully slicing it in half, in preparation for their final dish.
The workshop did not only focus on the children cooking a meal, but also on teaching them vital aspects about each and every ingredient that went into their recipe. Once finished, the children were able to relish in their pasta Pomodoro.
“We tell them how to clean and sanitise vegetables, the quantities needed, and the whole procedure from start to finish,” said Chef Birendra Katwal, from Nepal. “If they have a concept in mind, no matter how small, they could pursue it as a career in the future, and they can participate with their mothers in the kitchen, rather than being on their cellphone.”
- PML-N’s Moazzam Kallu clinches victory in PP-84 by-polls09:27 AM | 6 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 06 May 202108:49 AM | 6 May, 2021
- Ferozsons Laboratories salutes Healthcare Heroes by lighting National ...11:52 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Watch: Filling station worker douses ‘robbers’ with fuel11:21 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Pakistan Army captain among three soldiers martyred in Waziristan ...11:02 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Salman Khan and Disha Patani sizzle in Radhe title track10:07 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Saboor Aly shares a heartwarming video from her Baat Paki celebration02:50 PM | 5 May, 2021
- Nazish Jahangir sheds light on the controversy with Mohsin Abbas ...02:10 PM | 5 May, 2021