ECP issues notice to PTI chief Imran Khan for violating code of conduct
The ECP in its notice has said that mass rallies being planned by Imran Khan prior to by elections are violations of its code of conduct, said a press release issued here on Tuesday.
Imran Khan should abide by the code of conduct as its violation is a corrupt practice, the violation of the directive shall be proceeded under Article 204 of the constitution read with section 103 A of the Representation of People Act 1976.
The notice said that preparations for a huge PTI rally at Khewra, Dharyal Jalib, Pinawal, Jalalpur Sharif of Tehsil Pind Dadan Khan are underway in connection with By elections for NA 63 Jhelum on August 24. The election was scheduled to be held in the constituency on August 31, 2016.
Code of conduct and directive issued by ECP clearly bar rallies/large scale public gatherings except corner meetings as well as visits of sitting MNAs and MPAs, etc., to the constituency where election schedule has been announced.
The code of conduct clearly bars prime minister, chief minister, federal ministers, state ministers, advisors to the president and prime minister, provincial ministers, advisors to the chief minister, members of the National and Provincial Assemblies or any persons on their behalf shall not visit the constituency or a polling station after the issuance of the schedule of bye election till completion of the poll.
Meanwhile the Election Commission of Pakistan (ECP) has directed Returning Officers (ROs) supervising the elections of mayor/deputy mayor, etc to immediately send copy of results to the commission on specified form through concerned District Returning Officer (DROs).
According to guidelines issued by the commission here, Provincial Election Commission should immediately forward the results to ECP.
Polling hours for the election of mayor/deputy mayors, chairmen etc would be from 08:00 to 04:00 p.m. The ballot paper should be strictly in accordance with the specification which also contains serial no, name and symbol on the ballot paper and colour approved by the ECP.
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 28 January 202108:45 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Three-day sports festival kicks off in Khalti Frozan Lake today12:05 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- PM Imran, singer Shehzad Roy share views on promotion of education12:00 AM | 28 Jan, 2021
- Shafqat Mehmood green-lights launch of Single National Curriculum ...11:38 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Woman declared dead in Pakistan comes back to life, gets up and walks ...11:19 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Natasha Ali shares her wedding pictures with fans07:43 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Faysal Qureshi reacts to news of couple confessing to sexually ...07:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Muneeb Butt shares a heartwarming father-son moment03:57 PM | 27 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021