At least 8 killed, 21 injured as massive bomb blast hits DHA Lahore
Rescue teams rushed to the spot soon after the blast. The injured were shifted to General Hospital.
According to the bomb disposal squad, a bomb was planted inside a building which was detonated through a timing device. As much as 8 to 10 kilogramme of explosive material was used which wreaked havoc in surrounding areas.
Police have cordoned off the site and investigations have been launched.
Meanwhile, Punjab's law minister Rana SanaUllah while talking to Geo News expressed that the blast occurred inside a building which was under construction.
The premier ordered operations against militants to be expedited and also summoned a report of the explosion.
He also directed the authorities to ensure proper medical treatment to the wounded people.
Meanwhile, Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif pledged his support to the bereaved families and vowed to eliminate terrorism from the country at any cost. He also sought a report on the incident.
Chief Justice of Pakistan (CJP) Mian Saqib Nisar also lamented the incident.
More info to follow...
- Pakistani companies come forward to develop Reko Diq gold, copper ...10:59 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Pakistan’s Faisal Edhi seeks Palestine visa amid Israeli bombardment10:53 PM | 17 May, 2021
- CSS exam lays bare FPSC fault lines yet again10:12 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Indian numerologist comes up with a ‘cure’ for coronavirus09:56 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Miss Mexico Andrea Meza crowned Miss Universe 202105:43 PM | 17 May, 2021
- #JusticeForZuhaMalik trends after TikToker shares videos of torture ...06:22 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Katrina Kaif sends birthday greetings to rumoured boyfriend Vicky ...04:14 PM | 17 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021