Punjab’s Auqaf dept loses Badshahi Mosque’s administration
ISLAMABAD – Prime Minister Imran Khan has directed the Punjab government to take over administration of Badshahi Mosque, a Mughal-era congregational mosque in Lahore, from Auqaf and Religious Affairs Department.
The premier said that the administration of mosque should be handed over to the tourism department or the Walled City of Lahore Authority (WCLA) since it a heritage site, reports said.
He said that the auqaf department lacked financial resources to look after the mosque.
The directives for transfer of administration of the mosque were issued during a meeting regarding Punjab’s issues on July 12.
Pictorial visit to the crown of Lahore 'Badshahi ... 12:36 PM | 23 May, 2018
LAHORE - The historical city of Lahore is enriched with many beautiful and magnificent monuments and heritage. ...
- Huawei executive freed by Canada arrives home in China12:40 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- National T20 Cup, Match 8: Central Punjab beat Khyber Pakhtunkhwa by ...12:14 AM | 27 Sep, 2021
- Video leak scandal ‘involving’ PML-N leader Muhammad Zubair hits ...11:25 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran underscores importance of making Karachi Coastal Development ...10:55 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Kabul airport ready for international flights, Taliban tell world08:39 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Mashal Khan breaks silence on receiving acid attack threats01:35 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Atif Aslam, Mahira Khan’s much-awaited music video released01:00 PM | 26 Sep, 2021
- Air ambulance for ailing Umer Sharif to reach Karachi tomorrow07:02 PM | 25 Sep, 2021