High treason case: Musharraf challenges court's orders of reserving verdict in LHC
LAHORE - Former president Gen (retd) Pervez Musharraf has filed a petition in the Lahore High Court challenging special court's orders of reserving its verdict in high treason case.
Advocate Khawaja Ahmad Tariq Raheem on behalf of Pervez Musharraf filed the petition, stating that orders of reserving verdict in the high treason case was unconstitutional.
The court was requested to suspend the orders and stay the trial proceedings till Pervez Musharraf 's recovery from illness.
The court was also requested for constitution of an impartial medical board for him.
On November 19 the special court reserved its verdict in high treason case against Pervez Musharraf, which was scheduled to be announced on November 28.
- Pakistan censures extremist mindset of Indian general11:53 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Lahore journalist remanded into FIA custody over anti-state social ...11:27 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- NETSOL technologies to ring Nasdaq closing bell on Jan 2108:56 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Senate body approves bill to curb international organized crimes08:13 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- TLP unrest: Khadim Rizvi's brother, nephew among 86 awarded ...08:07 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Malala biopic director admits he still receives death threats03:39 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Prince Harry makes first public appearance since royal split03:24 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- Birthday girl Sajal Aly gets heartwarming message from Ahad Raza's mom03:06 PM | 17 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019