EOBI pension amount to be raised to Rs 10,000 by year-end
ISLAMABAD – Special Assistant to Prime Minister (SAPM) on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development Sayed Zulfiqar Abbas Bukhari says the government is committed to raising Employees’ Old-Age Benefits Institution (EOBI) pension amount up to a minimum Rs 10,000 by year end.
“It is a first government which has increased basic pension of the EOBI pensioners by 23 percent and will be further augmented to Rs 15,000 by curtailing the losses of this institution,” he said while addressing the signing ceremony of the Oversees Employment Corporation (OEC) Tower on Wednesday.
Bukhari said that the Pensioners’ welfare schemes were in abeyance due the financial losses incurred by the EOBI due to past regimes’ corruption and mismanagement.
He added the overseas ministry was leasing out the OEC tower and others EOBI properties in order to facilitate the pensioners.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Indian police shoot dead 4 suspects in rape-murder case01:55 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019