EOBI pension amount to be raised to Rs 10,000 by year-end
ISLAMABAD – Special Assistant to Prime Minister (SAPM) on Overseas Pakistanis and Human Resource Development Sayed Zulfiqar Abbas Bukhari says the government is committed to raising Employees’ Old-Age Benefits Institution (EOBI) pension amount up to a minimum Rs 10,000 by year end.
“It is a first government which has increased basic pension of the EOBI pensioners by 23 percent and will be further augmented to Rs 15,000 by curtailing the losses of this institution,” he said while addressing the signing ceremony of the Oversees Employment Corporation (OEC) Tower on Wednesday.
Bukhari said that the Pensioners’ welfare schemes were in abeyance due the financial losses incurred by the EOBI due to past regimes’ corruption and mismanagement.
He added the overseas ministry was leasing out the OEC tower and others EOBI properties in order to facilitate the pensioners.
- Coronavirus immunity may disappear in only few months after ...12:00 AM | 14 Jul, 2020
- Sony Invest $250 Million in Epic Games11:25 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Coronavirus — Pilgrims without Hajj permit to be slapped with heavy ...11:11 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan nears 253,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,304 confirmed dead11:00 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan’s first underground water reservoir system starts launched ...10:12 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Esra Bilgic trolled for wearing an ‘inappropriate’ outfit06:58 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Shoaib Akhtar, Shahid Afridi wish the Bachchan family a speedy ...02:11 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- Malala Yousafzai turns 2301:48 PM | 13 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020