Maryam Nawaz allowed to visit ailing father
LAHORE - The Punjab government Wednesday allowed detained Maryam Nawaz to visit former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, who was shifted to hospital after his health deteriorated earlier this week.
Local media reports say the provincial government has given the permission following the directions issued by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
Maryam was taken to Lahore's Service Hospital amid tight security from Kot Lakhpat detention facility where she has been kept on judicial remand in Chaudhry Sugar Mills case.
According to the Home Ministry, the detainee has been given one hour to spend with her father in the hospital.
The move comes after an accountability court earlier rejected her plea seeking permission to visit her father for inquiring about his health.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Youth-led projects showcased in Student Leaders Conference08:41 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Infinix, CarlCare join hands with M&P to provide unmatched after-sale ...08:26 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Mehwish Hayat says Pervez Musharraf deserves a chance to be heard02:30 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Kate Middleton thanks Maheen Khan with sweet note02:06 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019