Maryam Nawaz allowed to visit ailing father
LAHORE - The Punjab government Wednesday allowed detained Maryam Nawaz to visit former prime minister Nawaz Sharif, who was shifted to hospital after his health deteriorated earlier this week.
Local media reports say the provincial government has given the permission following the directions issued by Prime Minister Imran Khan.
Maryam was taken to Lahore's Service Hospital amid tight security from Kot Lakhpat detention facility where she has been kept on judicial remand in Chaudhry Sugar Mills case.
According to the Home Ministry, the detainee has been given one hour to spend with her father in the hospital.
The move comes after an accountability court earlier rejected her plea seeking permission to visit her father for inquiring about his health.
- Coronavirus — Pakistan to open four western borders from Sunday10:47 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- UAE allows citizens, residents to travel abroad09:53 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- COAS Bajwa expresses grief over loss of lives in Sheikhupura train ...09:04 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran says 'excellent' CPEC project to be completed at any cost08:21 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020