Nawaz Sharif happy with ongoing treatment, says Punjab health minister
LAHORE – Punjab Health Minister Dr Yasmin Rashid on Wednesday said that former prime minister Nawaz Sharif has expressed satisfaction over the treatment being provided to him.
The minister informed media after visiting the ailing Nawaz , who was shifted to the Services Hospital Monday night after his health deteriorated due to platelets cell down precariously.
“I also inquired about his health on the behalf of Prime Minister Imran Khan and Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar during the 15-minute long meeting,” she said.
When asked about the ongoing treatment, Sharif praised the medical facilities, Yasmin said, adding that the blood pressure of the patient was at normal level.
The platelets count is being monitored and the facility of transfusion is available to maintain the desired level, she said.
Earlier today, Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information Firdous Ashiq Awan said that the premier has directed the Punjab government "to ensure that Nawaz Sharif gets the best possible care in accordance with the wishes of his family".
She added that the premiers had sought a detailed report from the Punjab government regarding the health of Nawaz Sharif.
- Private college teacher arrested for allegedly raping, filming ...08:13 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan set to get first ever space museum in 8 months07:09 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan gives powerful response after India raises objection over GB ...07:03 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Samina Peerzada pays her respects to the late Saroj Khan03:22 PM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Bollywood choreographer Saroj Khan passes away at 7110:50 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- Kashmiri lives also matter, says Mehwish Hayat10:15 AM | 3 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020