Nawaz Sharif happy with ongoing treatment, says Punjab health minister
LAHORE – Punjab Health Minister Dr Yasmin Rashid on Wednesday said that former prime minister Nawaz Sharif has expressed satisfaction over the treatment being provided to him.
The minister informed media after visiting the ailing Nawaz , who was shifted to the Services Hospital Monday night after his health deteriorated due to platelets cell down precariously.
“I also inquired about his health on the behalf of Prime Minister Imran Khan and Punjab Chief Minister Usman Buzdar during the 15-minute long meeting,” she said.
When asked about the ongoing treatment, Sharif praised the medical facilities, Yasmin said, adding that the blood pressure of the patient was at normal level.
The platelets count is being monitored and the facility of transfusion is available to maintain the desired level, she said.
Earlier today, Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Information Firdous Ashiq Awan said that the premier has directed the Punjab government "to ensure that Nawaz Sharif gets the best possible care in accordance with the wishes of his family".
She added that the premiers had sought a detailed report from the Punjab government regarding the health of Nawaz Sharif.
- Govt to spend more than Rs30b on higher education this year, says ...11:57 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Indian police shoot dead 4 suspects in rape-murder case01:55 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Humayun Saeed shares an all smile picture with brothers01:39 PM | 6 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019