ECP declares MQM's Kanwar Naveed as winner with 95,644 votes
According to the official results, the MQM’s Kanwar Naveed trounced his two rivals by grabbing 95,644 votes followed by Imran Ismail, a candidate of Pakistan Tehreek-e-Insaf (PTI) who bagged 24,821 votes.
Jamaat-e-Islami (JI) came third in the election race with its candidate Rashid Naseem clinching 9,056 votes.
Presiding Officer Nadeem Haider overnight announced the results of by-election in NA-246 constituency at DC Central office. The total number of votes cast is 131,411, of them , 1116 votes have been rejected as invalid votes. While the number of registered voters is 357,801 in the constituency.
Earlier, strict security measures had been made for smooth balloting in the electoral contest. Over 9,000 Rangers and police personnel were deployed at 213 polling stations.
All polling stations were declared sensitive, while polling stations in Liaquatabad, Sharifabad and Bandhani Colony had been declared extremely sensitive.
A public holiday was announced in Karachi’s district Central today to allow citizens to cast their votes.
Pillion riding ban was effective in the district central while ban on it was lifted in other parts of the city.
- PM Imran congratulates newly-elected Iranian President Ebrahim Raisi10:12 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- PSL 2021 — Islamabad United and Multan Sultans to fight it out ...08:18 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Matric students to prepare board exams through Exam Prep Master ...05:49 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Madhuri Dixit and Jaaved Jaaferi set the stage on fire with killer ...05:00 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- Zara Noor Abbas lands in hot waters after latest photoshoot04:06 PM | 19 Jun, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021
- Best anti-aging foods to look younger09:47 PM | 18 May, 2021
- Top cricketers who married athletes09:20 PM | 8 May, 2021