Utility stores announces strike for indefinite time period amid COVID-19 lockdown
LAHORE - The utility stores have announced strike just a day before the start of holy month of Ramazan.
According to media reports, All Pakistan Workers Unions have stopped working at the utility stores in Lahore, Faisalabad, Gujranwala and Multan following failed negotiations with owners and union.
The Utility Stores Union president announced the strike for indefinite time period as managing director of Utility Stores Corporation has not accepted the demands of the workers.
The utility stores workers were demanding safety kits to avoid COVID-19 infection.
- Heavy rains likely in parts of country from Thursday11:48 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Pakistan condemns start of temple construction at Babri Mosque site ...11:09 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Trump offers to mediate standoff between China, India09:45 PM | 27 May, 2020
- India may lose T20 World Cup 2021 hosting rights over tax issues08:51 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Petrol prices likely to go down by Rs5-10 in Pakistan07:33 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Anoushey receives Eid wishes from 'Ertugrul' – VIDEO04:35 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Nadia Jamil’s best friend goes bald to support her03:55 PM | 27 May, 2020
- Asim Azhar releases his version of Bollywood song Humraah02:34 PM | 27 May, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020