Man who attempted to hijack Bangladeshi plane killed
Major General SM Matiur Rahman, the GOC of Chattogram, briefed the media about the operation at the airport around 8:45pm on Sunday, bdnews24 reported.
The suspect had identified himself as ‘Mahadi’ to a crew member and been carrying a pistol, Matiur said.
He also said Air Vice Marshal Muhammad Mafidur Rahman from a Bangladesh Air Force base in Chattogram successfully engaged the suspect in conversations in aid of the army commandos.
Lieutenant Colonel Imrul Hasan, who had led the commando operation to free hostages in the Holey Artisan Bakery terror attack in Dhaka, also headed the operation at the airport, Matiur said.
Earlier, a Dubai-bound plane from Bangladesh made an emergency landing at Shah Amanat International Airport in Chittagong over reports of hijacking attempt.
The plane was hijacked when it landed at the airport.
The plane belongs to Biman Bangladesh Airlines (national flag carrier ) and was supposed to fly to Dubai from Dhaka via Chittagong. The suspected hijacker has claimed that he did this for some personal reason. After having a word with him the pilots and the officers said that he looked mentally ill.
Biman #Bangladesh Airlines plane makes emergency landing at Shah Amanat International Airport. The plane has made an emergency landing following an alleged hijacking attempt. One crew member has reportedly been shot. pic.twitter.com/alQt9CYdjd— Intelligence Fusion (@IntellFusion) February 24, 2019
As per the media reports, one crew member has been shot and all 145 passengers have been evacuated from the site. The flight has been identified as Flight BG 147.
According to bdnews24, the suspected hijacker was arrested after a successful combing operation and according to reports, he is injured.
As per the police officials, all the passengers have been evacuated from the flight. The flight landed at Chittagong airport at 5:15 pm after which cops and Rapid Action Battalion arrived at the airport to take stock of the situation and have surrounded the plane.
Local media reported that a cabin crew member raised alarm after he found the behaviour one of the passengers’ suspicious.
The hijacker, who is currently in detention, also claimed that he had bombs and was carrying a pistol.
- Currency Exchange Rates in Pakistan today - 2021-May-09-Updated 10:00 ...09:32 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Pakistan registers 3,785 new Covid-19 cases, 118 deaths in 24 hours09:12 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan — 09 May 202108:59 AM | 9 May, 2021
- A successful story of young Emirati chef - Ahmed Darweesh01:16 AM | 9 May, 2021
- PM Imran and Pakistani delegation pay respects at Masjid-e-Nabwi12:00 AM | 9 May, 2021
- Javeria Abbasi recalls how she broke 12 bones in an accident (VIDEO)05:03 PM | 8 May, 2021
- Here's what Hina Altaf said about Aagha Ali before marriage (VIDEO)05:41 PM | 8 May, 2021
- 10 Tips for Success during the Last Ashra of Ramadan08:26 PM | 7 May, 2021
- Stars who have insured their body parts07:06 PM | 4 May, 2021
- Best-dressed Stars at Oscars Red Carpet 202105:52 PM | 2 May, 2021