Mawra Hocane slammed for 'normalising' public harassment
An old video of Mawra Hocane, alongside Kubra Khan and Humayun Saeed, from Nida Yasir's morning show, has spread like wildfire on social media. The clip shows Hocane normalising public harassment and people are bashing her for speaking out thoughtlessly.
We do mind. Please speak for yourself. Our "celebrities" really dont think before saying shit. pic.twitter.com/MSVp5R15vr— a (@Abbasayy) July 23, 2020
In the snippet Yasir asks Hocane, if she has been "teased" by anyone? Mawra responds to her, saying, “I think that’s just Lahore’s fun, boys tease you with music roaring from their cars. I think that’s just the feel of Lahori Eid.” She continued to add, “So we don’t mind. It’s okay, keep looking at us”.
In the video, Mawra also admitted that she would't mind if someone teased her at the moment.
And now, netizens are calling out the JPNA 2 star for glorifying harassment.
Did she seriously say keep looking at us , koi baat nahi ??— Yousra Arif (@yousra_arif24) July 23, 2020
@MawraHocane pls understand even if this is how you cope w/& rationalise harassment, these statements ultimately normalise harassment which can be traumatic and dehumanising to its victims. As someone w a big platform, you need to be aware of the consequences of these msgs.— Mav (@404mav) July 24, 2020
“Keep looking at us, we don’t mind” - only hocane could’ve said this— Dr. Anam J. Cheema (@AnamCheema_) July 23, 2020
Have more to add to the story? Comment below and stay tuned for more!
- Sindh decides to reopen schools, business activities11:52 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- England defeat Pakistan by 3 wickets in first Test10:58 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- 750kg Naswar smuggling attempt foiled in UAE09:26 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Pakistan Army launches rescue operation in flood-hit villages of Dadu08:21 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Mehwish Hayat requests fans to report TikTok account impersonating her05:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Abhishek Bachchan tests negative for COVID-19, discharged from ...04:49 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- Maya Ali and Sheheryar Munawar set to hit the silver screen together04:31 PM | 8 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020