Pakistan's ex-foreign minister Abdul Sattar passes away
“We are deeply saddened to announce that former Foreign Minister Abdul Sattar has passed away. He was an illustrious diplomat and an accomplished author,” the Foreign Office spokesperson said in a statement.
Besides serving as foreign minister for two non-consecutive terms - in 1993 (as caretaker) and later in 1999-2002, late Abdul Sattar had also served as Pakistan's foreign secretary from 1986 to 1988.
Moreover, his diplomatic career also included his stints as Pakistan’s ambassador to Austria, India, and the Soviet Union.
"We offer our profound condolences to the bereaved family and pray for the departed soul," the spokesperson added.
- PAKvWI – Pakistan take on Windies in 2nd T20I today03:42 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistani-American Khizr Khan to head top religious freedom body in US02:40 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Pakistan condemns India’s politicization of cricket after BCCI ...01:42 PM | 31 Jul, 2021
- Ertugrul actresses Esra Bilgic, Gulsim Ali sad over Turkey forest ...11:55 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Yumna Zaidi shares adorable photos of her 32nd birthday09:31 PM | 30 Jul, 2021
- Stars who used apps to find love08:02 PM | 24 Jul, 2021
- World’s most powerful passports in 2021: Where does Pakistan stand?03:35 PM | 7 Jul, 2021
- 16 Pakistani universities among Asia's top 50002:36 PM | 8 Jun, 2021
- Famous figures who survived serious plane incidents07:21 PM | 29 May, 2021