No documents shared with UK about MQM, says Nisar
“I only drew the British high commissioner’s attention to the inappropriate remarks British national Altaf Hussain made about Pakistan Rangers and Army,” Nisar maintained while addressing a press conference here.
Nisar however opined the MQM is a political group, and it should continue to exist.
He announced that a new exit control list (ECL) policy would be introduced in the next week. “No name would be added to this list on the basis of mere statements,” he added.
To another question, Nisar said the government had no knowledge of Tehreek-e-Taliban Pakistan chief Mullah Fazlullah’s death.
“There is no confirmation on the killing of Fazlullah yet.
Nisar also told media the president would decide the date of Saulat Mirza’s execution. He said the home ministry has asked the president to postpone the capital punishment of MQM activist Saulat Mirza for a period of 90 days.
An indefinite delay in Shafqat Hussain’s execution has also been requested by the ministry to determine whether or not he was under-age at the time he committed the crime.
The interior minister also reaffirmed his support to Rangers and Sindh Police for the ongoing targeted operation in Karachi.
- PU declares MA/MSc Results 2020 – Here's how to check online08:39 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- GCU graduate died during abortion, reveals former class-fellow08:10 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Parliament passes Pakistan Environmental Protection Bill 202007:46 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Remembering Chef Fatima Ali on 2nd death anniversary04:40 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021