Pakistan Kidney & Liver Institute conducts 3rd successful liver transplant
In a statement, the minister said both donor and patient were in good health. She lauded the hospital's administration and Dr Faisal Dar, who conducted the liver transplant surgery.
Dr Rashid said the donors of the previous two liver transplants had been discharged from the hospital after recovery.
The minister said patients desiring to undergo the procedure won't have to spend millions of rupees to go abroad for the purpose.
The PKLI is the best medical facility for patients suffering from liver diseases to get treatment, she said, adding that the government would make efforts to provide more facilities at the hospital.
PKLI carries out first successful liver transplant 10:05 AM | 10 Mar, 2019
LAHORE – First successful transplant of liver was conducted at Pakistan Kidney and Liver Institute (PKLI) in Lahore. ...
First successful liver transplant was conducted on March 9 at PKLI. The autonomy of PKLI & Research Centre had ended after its control was handed over to the provincial government. After the passage of a bill by the Punjab Assembly, the board of trustees of the 820-bed PKLI was dissolved.
- Wait is over as Cambridge announces O level results of Pakistani ...09:03 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- German vets perform surgery to rid Pakistani elephant of tooth ...08:56 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- PAKvNED – Pakistan seal ODI series victory over Netherlands08:28 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's latest photoshoot draws severe backlash05:40 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Naimal’s new photoshoot draws severe backlash06:10 PM | 18 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022
- Pakistani celebrities who are performing Hajj 202210:16 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Films releasing in Pakistan on Eidul Adha 202211:51 PM | 5 Jul, 2022
- Pakistan’s largest city Karachi still among world’s least ...06:26 PM | 23 Jun, 2022