Iran appreciates Pakistan's role in peace and stability in region
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi was also present on the occasion.
Later, Dr. Zarif also called on Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser in Islamabad and discussed ways and means to further intensify bilateral relations besides forging unity amongst the Muslim Ummah.
The Speaker underlined the importance the people and government of Pakistan attaches to the long-standing brotherly relations between the two countries.
He expressed his deep concern over the recent tension in the gulf region which poses a threat to regional peace and stability.
He reiterated Pakistan's support for Joint Comprehensive Plan, which represents an excellent example of negotiated settlement of complex issues through diplomacy and dialogue.
The Iranian FM thanked the Speaker for his sentiments and said that Iran has special affection for their Pakistani brethren and strongly believes in the need for further strengthening of these relations.
He said continuous interaction between the political and parliamentary leadership from both countries would help further cement Pak-Iran relations.
Following the meeting with top civilian leadership, Dr Javad Zarif also called on Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa at GHQ in Rawalpindi. They discussed matters of mutual interest and evolving situation in the region.
On the occasion, COAS Bajwa said that war is not in anyone’s interest and all sides need to make efforts to keep conflict away from the region.
The Iranian minister appreciated Pakistan’s positive role in regional peace and stability.
- ‘Essentials of Modern/New Marketing’ book by Kotler Impact Inc. ...11:12 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- TikTok star Marvi Chaudhry booked in Islamabad man’s murder case10:50 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- UN speech — PM Imran cautions world against rising tide of ...09:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- PM Imran reaffirms Pakistan’s unwavering support to Afghan peace ...08:58 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Faisal Iqbal cleared to rejoin Balochistan cricket team08:20 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistani celebrities offer their respects to Dean Jones04:27 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Nimra Ali: Pakistan's new social media sensation04:08 PM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Demi Lovato and Max Ehrich break up 2 months after engagement11:33 AM | 25 Sep, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020