Iran appreciates Pakistan's role in peace and stability in region
ISLAMABAD – Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif called on Prime Minister Imran Khan to discuss Pakistan-Iran bilateral relations in the federal capital on Friday.
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi was also present on the occasion.
Later, Dr. Zarif also called on Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser in Islamabad and discussed ways and means to further intensify bilateral relations besides forging unity amongst the Muslim Ummah.
The Speaker underlined the importance the people and government of Pakistan attaches to the long-standing brotherly relations between the two countries.
He expressed his deep concern over the recent tension in the gulf region which poses a threat to regional peace and stability.
He reiterated Pakistan's support for Joint Comprehensive Plan, which represents an excellent example of negotiated settlement of complex issues through diplomacy and dialogue.
The Iranian FM thanked the Speaker for his sentiments and said that Iran has special affection for their Pakistani brethren and strongly believes in the need for further strengthening of these relations.
He said continuous interaction between the political and parliamentary leadership from both countries would help further cement Pak-Iran relations.
Following the meeting with top civilian leadership, Dr Javad Zarif also called on Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa at GHQ in Rawalpindi. They discussed matters of mutual interest and evolving situation in the region.
On the occasion, COAS Bajwa said that war is not in anyone’s interest and all sides need to make efforts to keep conflict away from the region.
The Iranian minister appreciated Pakistan’s positive role in regional peace and stability.
- UNSC expresses serious concern over current IIOJ&K situation03:10 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- The shocking reason behind Ayesha Omar's fitness01:05 PM | 6 Aug, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020