Iran appreciates Pakistan's role in peace and stability in region
ISLAMABAD – Iranian Foreign Minister Javad Zarif called on Prime Minister Imran Khan to discuss Pakistan-Iran bilateral relations in the federal capital on Friday.
Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi was also present on the occasion.
Later, Dr. Zarif also called on Speaker National Assembly Asad Qaiser in Islamabad and discussed ways and means to further intensify bilateral relations besides forging unity amongst the Muslim Ummah.
The Speaker underlined the importance the people and government of Pakistan attaches to the long-standing brotherly relations between the two countries.
He expressed his deep concern over the recent tension in the gulf region which poses a threat to regional peace and stability.
He reiterated Pakistan 's support for Joint Comprehensive Plan, which represents an excellent example of negotiated settlement of complex issues through diplomacy and dialogue.
The Iranian FM thanked the Speaker for his sentiments and said that Iran has special affection for their Pakistani brethren and strongly believes in the need for further strengthening of these relations.
He said continuous interaction between the political and parliamentary leadership from both countries would help further cement Pak-Iran relations.
Following the meeting with top civilian leadership, Dr Javad Zarif also called on Chief of Army Staff General Qamar Javed Bajwa at GHQ in Rawalpindi. They discussed matters of mutual interest and evolving situation in the region.
On the occasion, COAS Bajwa said that war is not in anyone’s interest and all sides need to make efforts to keep conflict away from the region.
The Iranian minister appreciated Pakistan’s positive role in regional peace and stability.
Iranian FM Javad Zarif calls on COAS Bajwa at GHQ 09:36 PM | 24 May, 2019
RAWALPINDI - Foreign Minister of Iran, Dr Mohammad Javed Zarif called on Chief of Army Staff (COAS), General Qamar ...
- Iran ready to talks with Saudi Arabia, Gulf countries: Javad Zarif12:02 AM | 19 Jan, 2020
- Imran Khan discusses digital media with youth at PM House09:59 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- AJK snowfall: Neelum, Leepa, Bhedi declared calamity-hit areas09:50 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FO summons Indian diplomat to reject mischievous portrayal of ...08:58 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- FM Qureshi reaches Qatar after conclusion of successful US visit08:51 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Jonas Brothers drop new video featuring their wives02:38 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- Ahmed Ali Butt shares a star-studded selfie and we love it!01:47 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- 60-year-old held for swindling men online using niece’s picture01:30 PM | 18 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019