US announces $6 million for Pakistan to strengthen anti-coronavirus efforts
Islamabad: US Ambassador to Pakistan Paul Jones has announced a new American contribution of $6 million to strengthen Pakistan’s response against coronavirus that has killed over 1,000 across the country.
The funds will be used for “expanding training for healthcare workers who take care of patients in hospitals with severe cases of coronavirus; preventing the spread of coronavirus in healthcare facilities; and providing a fourth mobile lab to test and treat Pakistanis living in virus hotspots,” the US embassy said in a statement.
The U.S. government has now committed a total of $21 million since it declared Pakistan a priority country for coronavirus response.
In the same message, the Ambassador also thanked Pakistan for its recent delivery of medical supplies to the United States as a gesture of friendship and partnership between our countries.
In a video message released today on U.S. Mission Pakistan’s social media platforms, Jones wished Eid Mubarak to all Pakistanis celebrating the holiday.
“I would like to congratulate Pakistanis on the completion of Ramazan – on behalf of all of us at the U.S. Mission to Pakistan. We admire those who fasted and helped others during Ramazan, while looking forward to the joyous celebration of Eid,” said U.S. Ambassador Paul W. Jones.
- Pakistan surpasses 259,000 cases of coronavirus – 5,477 confirmed ...07:47 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan minister tells reason behind reduction in coronavirus cases07:19 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Gold prices hit new high of Rs109,35007:07 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- K-Electric to face NAB inquiry over loadshedding, flouting agreement06:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Pakistan Army chief offers help to Italy in fight against COVID-1906:32 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- YouTube takes down Hadiqa Kiani’s song about Kashmir02:43 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Maya Ali experimenting with her cooking skills01:46 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- Yasir Hussain is being subjected to online harassment & bullying: ...01:03 PM | 16 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020