Nation pays homage to Marium Mukhtiar on her second death anniversary
Marium’s father Colonel (r) Mukhtiar Ahmed Sheikh has said that that he is proud of his daughter who sacrificed her life for the country. He also offered fateha on her grave at Malir Cantonment Graveyard in the mega city.
Twitter also poured in thanking her for her achievements.
— Sidrah Dar (@SidrahDar) November 24, 2017
— ISI Pak's Pride (@wiseguy112) November 24, 2017
Today is 2nd Shahadat anniversary of #MarriumMukhtar Shaheed
— Sakina Fatima (@SakinaFatima123) November 24, 2017
Marium was born on May 18, 1992 in Karachi. She joined Pakistan Air Force (PAF) on May 6, 2011 and completed her graduation in 2014.
On November 24, 2015, she was on a routine training flight with her instructor Saqib Abbasi when her jet developed a fault and crashed at Kandian area in Bhakra near Mianwali.
A PAF spokesman after the crash stated that the aircraft had developed a technical fault but the pilot managed to divert the jet away from the populated area to avoid any harm to the population.
The Government of Pakistan posthumously honored Marium Mukhtiar with Tamgha-e-Basalat on 23rd March 2016.
- Jhang Assistant Commissioner gunned down over enmity in Chiniot02:29 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Pakistan dispatches free medicines worth Rs25mn to Afghanistan12:55 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- At least 13 civilians shot dead by Indian army in case of 'mistaken ...12:24 PM | 5 Dec, 2021
- Meesha Shafi, mother file petition for apology in Ali Zafar ...11:59 PM | 4 Dec, 2021
- WATCH – Shahveer Jafry and Ayesha Beig share details of how they ...08:21 PM | 4 Dec, 2021