Ehsaas to partner with Facebook on malnutrition ‘Hackathon’
ISLAMABAD - Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety Division (PASSD) Sunday announced that it would partner with Facebook and invest to innovate host a first-of-its-kind ‘Design Hackathon’ on malnutrition at the National Incubation Centre, Islamabad on December 14-15.
Millions of children in Pakistan suffer health and development consequences due to malnutrition, making it a priority area of the Ehsaas poverty alleviation programme, said a press release issued here.
The Design Hackathon will connect experts in malnutrition with digital marketers who, with additional support from Facebook, will help build innovative digital campaigns around the specific challenges of malnutrition.
By partnering with technology and social media platforms, the Ehsaas programme would be able to reach new people across Pakistan with educational messages on malnutrition.
“Ehsaas is bringing together the brightest talent in digital marketing and technology to tackle malnutrition across the country and improve millions of lives”, said Dr Sania Nishtar, Special Assistant to Prime Minister on Social Protection and Poverty Alleviation.
“Social media is an important channel through which educate and inform the public, and we are excited to see the results of this pioneering Design Hackathon.”
Interesting digital agencies, health startups, NGOs and individuals with applicable skills who were committed to social justice and poverty alleviation in Pakistan were encouraged to apply. Applications are now open at https://forms.gle/ctZ1zJdVjbWVhy3d7.
- PM Imran felicitates China on 71st founding anniversary08:29 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Here is complete process to apply online for Punjab Rozgar Scheme08:02 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Dilip Kumar gets emotional over Pakistan's decision of restoring his ...05:58 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan lodges protest with India for latest ceasefire violation ...05:57 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- NAB arrests son of PPP's late Amin Fahim for corruption05:54 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Shaam Idrees introduces his eldest daughter Dua Idrees04:37 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Happy Birthday Naaday Ali, keep making mama proud: Hadiqa Kiani04:12 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Haseena Moin to write a special web-series on breast cancer awareness ...03:46 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020