Transparent accountability process to continue: Qureshi
MULTAN - Foreign Minister Shah Mahmood Qureshi Sunday said the process of transparent accountability would continue in the country.
Talking to media here, he said no one wanted to face the accountability process, and whenever people were held accountable, they attempt to create hindrances in the way of the accountability process.
Responding to a question about Asif Ali Zardari’s trial in Rawalpindi, Qureshi said the matter was sub judice.
He, however, said Pakistan People’s Party (PPP) was in government in Sindh and it was not cooperating in the transparent accountability process.
To another question about ex-premier Nawaz Sharif’s health and Prime Minister Imran Khan’s statement about that, Qureshi said he could not comment on the issue, adding the health ministry could answer in a better way.
The foreign minister said Islamabad had categorically rejected Washington’s claims about loans and their impact on the Pak economy in the wake of China-Pakistan Economic Corridor (CPEC).
He said Pakistan had expedited the CPEC projects and launched its second phase.
Qureshi said China’s share in Pakistan’s overall debt burden was small. However, the mega projects would have a positive impact on the national economy.
“Pakistan’s total debt burden is $74 billion, of which CPEC is only $4.9bn. CPEC is a game-changer for the entire region and there is no restriction on any country, including the USA, to invest in the special economic zones, being established under CPEC,” added Qureshi.
- Eight die after fire broke out at a factory in Lahore09:48 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- Pakistan expresses grave concerns over Afghan president's tweets09:09 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PCB to refund match tickets12:13 AM | 28 Jan, 2020
- PM Imran for precautionary measures, strategy to tackle Coronavirus ...11:55 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bangladeshi journalists find Pakistan safe for cricket; praise ...11:52 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Khalil ur Rehman's Meray Paas tum Ho trends worldwide on Twitter12:47 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Bambi is next up for Disney ‘Live-Action’ remake12:32 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- Here’s everything that happened at the 4th Hum Style Awards12:25 PM | 27 Jan, 2020
- OGRA recommends hike in petroleum prices for January 202006:54 PM | 30 Dec, 2019
- Pakistan asks UNMOGIP to brief UNSC on Kashmir situation07:21 PM | 29 Dec, 2019
- 2020 will be year of development, prosperity: Firdous04:01 PM | 28 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019