Indian occupation turns IOJ&K into volcano waiting to erupt, says Asad Majeed
NEW YORK - Pakistan's ambassador to the United States Asad Majeed Khan says decades of Indian occupation and repression of Jammu and Kashmir have turned the disputed territory into a volcano waiting to erupt.
In an opinion piece in New York Daily news, the ambassador said since August 5th, Kashmir has been under military lockdown and the Kashmiri people subjected to collective punishment in the form of mass arrests of their leaders, activists and young people under a complete communications blackout.
He said having failed to normalize its occupation of Kashmir, India is gambling another military escalation on the Line of Control hoping that it would help BJP externalize the consequences of its repression, the Radio Pakistan reported.
- Chrissy Teigen announces pregnancy loss in heartbreaking Instagram ...01:07 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- NAB Sindh takes Amin Fahim's son Jalil-u-Zaman into custody over ...12:59 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Girl waiting for bus allegedly drugged, abducted, gang-raped in Lahore12:36 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Armeena Khan and Ushna Shah call out Karachi Zoo after a viral video ...12:22 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- I haven't left acting: Hamza Ali Abbasi is all set to return to TV12:18 PM | 1 Oct, 2020
- Pakistan terms Kashmir, Palestine disputes as UN's most long-standing ...11:18 AM | 22 Sep, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020