Indian occupation turns IOJ&K into volcano waiting to erupt, says Asad Majeed
NEW YORK - Pakistan 's ambassador to the United States Asad Majeed Khan says decades of Indian occupation and repression of Jammu and Kashmir have turned the disputed territory into a volcano waiting to erupt.
In an opinion piece in New York Daily news, the ambassador said since August 5th, Kashmir has been under military lockdown and the Kashmiri people subjected to collective punishment in the form of mass arrests of their leaders, activists and young people under a complete communications blackout.
He said having failed to normalize its occupation of Kashmir, India is gambling another military escalation on the Line of Control hoping that it would help BJP externalize the consequences of its repression, the Radio Pakistan reported.
- Rangers troops deployed in Lahore after lawyers ransack hospital11:30 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- PM Imran becomes world's fifth most influential leader on Twitter in ...10:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Dozens arrested in crackdown after lawyers storm PIC Lahore08:51 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Key officials from Russia, Britain meet Pakistan's army chief07:19 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Beyoncé & Kelly Rowland were sexually harassed as teens by Jagged ...06:57 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Ed Sheeran declared as the UK’s artist of the decade06:26 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Mere Paas Tum Ho scores more IMDB rating than Game of Thrones02:23 PM | 11 Dec, 2019
- Zameen.com launches new Plot Finder tool to facilitate online plot ...07:25 PM | 22 Nov, 2019
- Azadi March: Chaudhry brothers active for compromise talks as Fazl ...12:08 AM | 5 Nov, 2019
- 8 Reasons to buy HONOR 8 Series04:49 PM | 23 Oct, 2019
- Meet members of Pakistan’s first-ever National Youth Council05:05 PM | 1 Jul, 2019