ATC rejects Rao Anwar's exemption plea in Naqeebullah murder case
The former cop had insisted that he faced security threats from terrorist groups owing to his professional background, urging the court to exempt him from appearing in person, unless it was required by the court for hearing of the ongoing murder case.
The counsel for Naqeeb's father, Salahuddin Panhwar opposed the request and contended that Anwar was not a serving police officer anymore.
The former SSP's application was not maintainable under the provisions of the Anti-Terrorism Act, 1997, he argued.
The ATC-III judge reserved his verdict after hearing the arguments presented by both sides and rejected Rao Anwar's plea.
Tainted SSP Rao Anwar retires after 37 years 07:08 PM | 1 Jan, 2019
KARACHI – SSP Rao Anwar, a prime suspect in the Naqeebullah Mehsud murder case, has resigned from his post as a ...
Rao Anwar is the chief suspect in January 2018 killing of Waziristan native shopkeeper-turned-model Naqeebullah Mehsud.
An inquiry team had confirmed that Mehsud was killed in a "fake encounter" which was "staged" by the former Malir SSP, prompting the suspension of Anwar from the post.
The former SSP, however, stands his ground that Naqeeb was a Tehreek-i-Taliban Pakistan militant though no evidence has been furnished in this regard.
Naqeebullah's family also disputes the SSP's claim, saying that the 27-year-old had no links with any militant organisation.
- Shahnawaz Amir’s remand extended in Sarah Inam murder case01:34 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- CM Pervez Elahi inaugurates Punjab Ehsaas Rashan Riayat Programme12:47 PM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's currency exchange rates in Pakistan - Dollar, Euro, Pound, ...11:53 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Today's gold rates in Pakistan – 03 October 202211:48 AM | 3 Oct, 2022
- Ali Sethi and Shae Gill take 'Pasoori' to live concert in London07:00 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Naimal Khawar's post workout glow leaves fans stunned09:02 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Hira Mani and Rahim Pardesi's new song 'Mera Naam' is out now08:35 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- US cipher is a reality, says PTI05:20 PM | 2 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022