Fire at hotel in China kills 18
The fire caught the hotel in Harbin, capital of the northeastern Heilongjiang province, during the past night, according to the official Xinhua news agency.
"At 10:50 (0250 GMT) 18 people were already confirmed dead. The rescue operation is ongoing," it reported, citing firefighter sources.
The fire at the four-story building was extinguished at 7:50 am. A probe into the matter has been launched and further details will be shared after the investigations.
In April, 18 people dead and five more were injured in a fire at a karaoke establishment in the country´s south.
In November, a fire left 19 people dead and eight injured at a boarding house in Beijing. And in May 2015, 38 people were found dead in a fire at a retirement home in central Henan province.
In Feb 2017, at least 10 persons have been killed and 14 others injured after a major fire broke out at a multi-storey luxurious hotel in Nanchang, capital of China’s eastern Jiangxi province.
- Aima Baig pens heartfelt note on her father's birthday12:11 AM | 7 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan's foreign exchange reserves fall below $8 billion11:16 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Hania Aamir and Farhan Saeed gear up for another project08:57 PM | 6 Oct, 2022
- Pakistan, India lose ranking on UN’s human development index07:32 PM | 10 Sep, 2022
- Movies lineup for 2022-23 in Pakistan08:01 PM | 1 Sep, 2022
- Pakistani passport ranked 4th worst on list of 19911:59 PM | 23 Aug, 2022
- Pakistan ranks second worst on gender inequality10:55 PM | 13 Jul, 2022