Intl’l bodies be given access to address mental health crisis in Indian Occupied Kashmir: Envoy
Addressing an event related to the mental health issues organised by Canada-Pakistan Association in Ottawa, the high commissioner sought the role of the international community to force India to give access to the international organization to the IOK to address the mental health issue faced by the millions of the Kashmiri people, said a press release received here.
He said that in addition to forced disappearances, extrajudicial killings, use of pellet guns and mass rape of Kashmiri citizens had traumatized the residents of the Occupied Kashmir. Some studies have estimated that around 45 percent of the population is suffering from mental distress, he added.
High Commissioner Tarar informed that lately it has been universally recognized that psychological issues began from trauma caused in one’s life which should be addressed to avoid any wrongdoings in our communities and around the world.
He said that it was encouraging that now people were open to talking about their mental health more than ever because many have created that space for one to talk about their problems.
“We can address many of our mental health-related problems by adopting a lifestyle that influences the state of both your physical and mental health”, he added.
Sadaf Ibrahim, President CPA National Capital Region, in a detailed presentation briefed about the issue of mental health and how the community could face this growing challenge by adopting a simple lifestyle.
The CPA also presented a cheque to Royal Foundation Canada, dealing with mental health issues in Canada.
- COAS Bajwa, ISI chief call on PM Imran in Islamabad10:35 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Love knows no bounds… 23-year-old Pakistani man marries 65-year-old ...10:27 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Woman heckles Ishaq Dar outside his house in London (VIDEO)09:57 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- NAB chief says solid evidence of money laundering found against 'big ...09:42 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Pehli Si Muhabbat crosses 2.2 million views in just one day after ...07:28 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- #Cannoli – Islamabad café rebrands its logo after facing severe ...07:14 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Bollywood pours in best wishes for Mrs. and Mr. Varun Dhawan06:50 PM | 25 Jan, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021
- Here's how world leaders responded to Biden's inauguration as POTUS07:24 PM | 21 Jan, 2021
- Stars who turned down plastic surgery07:32 PM | 17 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021