NAB to move SC against bails to Ahsan Iqbal, Shahid Khaqan Abbasi
ISLAMABAD – The National Accountability Bureau (NAB) Tuesday decided to file an appeal in the Supreme Court to challenge the bail granted to Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz (PML-N) leaders Ahsan Iqbal and Shahid Khaqan Abbasi by the Islamabad High Court.
The decision to this effect was taken in a meeting chaired by NAB Chairman Justice Javed Iqbal, said a press release.
The meeting was attended by the NAB deputy chairman, director general operations, director general Rawalpindi and other senior officers.
The anti-corruption watchdog had filed cases against both the PML-N leaders over corruption in liquefied natural gas (LNG) and Narowal Sports City projects cases.
- AIDS patients being provided free treatment, Pakistan parliament told06:32 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Aamir Masood becomes air marshal as promotions in PAF announced05:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- PM Imran approves 2nd phase of locusts control plan to compensate ...05:09 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Newly built hospital to help Pakistan fight against COVID-19 ...04:16 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Actress Naya Rivera presumed dead after disappearance on boat trip ...01:41 PM | 10 Jul, 2020
- Meghan Markle, Priyanka Chopra, Michelle Obama to speak at UN's ...11:55 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- I will not no longer do item songs in films: Sadaf Sabzwari11:45 AM | 10 Jul, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020