Coca Cola to invest US$ 200 million in Pakistan
He was talking to Chairman, Board of Investment Dr Miftah Ismail during his visit to Board of Investment to discuss different investment opportunities available in Pakistan.
On the occasion, the Chairman, BOI has said that Pakistan has one of the most liberal foreign investment regimes in South Asia, where 100% foreign equity is permitted in the manufacturing and infrastructure sectors of the economy as the country has a more market-oriented economy, with a rapidly growing private sector in Pakistan.
Yerlikaya, GM, Coca-Cola Company has said that the company has already invested 500 million US$ during this year on the up-gradation of the existing plants in the country. He added that Coca-Cola is a leading US investor in Pakistan.
M/s. Coca-Cola is presently contemplating a further US$ 200 million of green field investment, and expanding Coca-Cola’s production and distribution capacity in Pakistan. He further added that Coca-Cola intends preferably to establish their units at Special Economic Zones (SEZ) in Pakistan.
Atilla Yerlikaya has also requested BOI for support on the rationalisation of tax regime in Pakistan and to curb the infringement, as some groups are violating industrial property rights and this practice is not only defaming original brands and reducing the revenue of Pakistan. Government may ensure operation of legitimate companies and take steps to provide level playing field to genuine investors.-Online
- PIA launches direct flights to Baku07:42 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bilawal visits Hamza and Chaudhary Brothers in Lahore07:06 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Pakistan loses Davis Cup World Group tie to Japan05:30 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Bigg Boss 14 fame Arshi Khan all set for debut in Bollywood01:10 PM | 7 Mar, 2021
- Canadian biker girl Rosie Gabrielle ties the knot with Pakistani ...10:16 AM | 7 Mar, 2021
- 10 celebrities who are left-handed05:11 PM | 28 Feb, 2021
- Pakistan up three places to 105th spot in EIU's 2020 Democracy Index11:13 AM | 7 Feb, 2021
- 5 famous personalities who were banned from social media06:51 PM | 3 Feb, 2021
- Hollywood's top female celebs who lift weights to stay fit02:36 PM | 22 Jan, 2021