Saaf Pani scam: NAB arrests PML-N candidate contesting polls against Ch Nisar
Wasim Ajmal was a former CEO of the Saaf Pani Company while Qamra-ul-Islam is a PML-N leader and contending general elections 2018 against Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan from NA 59.
Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif has condemned Raja's arrest, saying "the arrest of PML-N ticket holder during election campaign is unfortunate".
Nawaz Sharif condemned arrest of Raja Qamar-ul-Islam by the NAB authorities, says arrest of PMLN ticket holder during election campaign is unfortunate pic.twitter.com/BV6xwc1O9f— Murtaza Ali Shah (@MurtazaViews) June 25, 2018
Earlier, the former Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif suspended Waseem Ajmal and Chief of Contracts and Procurement Shabnam, while terminating the services of General Manager Project Services Col (retd) Tahir Maqbool.
He believed that these officials had been negligent in their duties of rolling out the chief minister’s much-touted clean water project.
“Those who cannot deliver have no right to stay in their jobs and get six-digit salaries. Perks and privileges have to be matched by action,” he said on his Twitter account.
- Avenfield case – NAB to auction Nawaz Sharif’s properties in ...09:25 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Babar Masih wins Pakistan silver medal at IBSF 6-Red Snooker World Cup08:42 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- PM Imran meets Pakistan’s T20 World Cup squad tomorrow08:11 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- New Zealand makes arrests over KFC meals smuggling07:46 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- KP plans separate Panagah units for transgender person07:11 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Neha Rajpoot and Shahbaz Taseer spark marriage rumours05:00 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Birthday wishes pour in for Kareena Kapoor Khan03:16 PM | 21 Sep, 2021
- Juhi Chawla shares a throwback clip from her first TV show03:47 PM | 21 Sep, 2021