Saaf Pani scam: NAB arrests PML-N candidate contesting polls against Ch Nisar
Wasim Ajmal was a former CEO of the Saaf Pani Company while Qamra-ul-Islam is a PML-N leader and contending general elections 2018 against Chaudhry Nisar Ali Khan from NA 59.
Former prime minister Nawaz Sharif has condemned Raja's arrest, saying "the arrest of PML-N ticket holder during election campaign is unfortunate".
Nawaz Sharif condemned arrest of Raja Qamar-ul-Islam by the NAB authorities, says arrest of PMLN ticket holder during election campaign is unfortunate pic.twitter.com/BV6xwc1O9f— Murtaza Ali Shah (@MurtazaViews) June 25, 2018
Earlier, the former Punjab Chief Minister Shehbaz Sharif suspended Waseem Ajmal and Chief of Contracts and Procurement Shabnam, while terminating the services of General Manager Project Services Col (retd) Tahir Maqbool.
He believed that these officials had been negligent in their duties of rolling out the chief minister’s much-touted clean water project.
“Those who cannot deliver have no right to stay in their jobs and get six-digit salaries. Perks and privileges have to be matched by action,” he said on his Twitter account.
- Pakistan’s ‘best bank' denies trans rights activist an account ...11:52 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Pakistan Air Force chief meets Turkish defence industries head11:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- WATCH – Woman accusing Babar Azam of sexual abuse says video of her ...11:08 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Punjab CM Buzdar lays foundation stone of Sheikhupura-Gujranwala road10:45 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- US threatens India with sanctions over purchase of Russian S-400 air ...10:39 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Selena Gomez shares the reason behind calling out Mark Zuckerberg ...07:32 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Ayeza Khan celebrates 30th birthday04:22 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Details of Varun Dhawan-Natasha Dalal's wedding revealed03:58 PM | 16 Jan, 2021
- Stars who dated in the past11:38 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- COVID-19 – How many vaccine doses Pakistan and neighbouring ...08:34 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- 10 women celebs who lent their star power to UN06:50 PM | 5 Jan, 2021
- #2020InReview – Pakistan's initiatives in the year 202010:55 PM | 4 Jan, 2021