British Pakistani woman caught with 13kg heroin at Islamabad Airport
RAWALPINDI - A woman was caught with 13.126 kilogrammes of heroin by the Ant-Narcotics Force (ANF) at the Islamabad International Airport on Sunday.
According to the ANF, the arrest and seizure was made in the light of intelligence that an attempt to smuggle a large quantity of narcotics would be made by a woman.
The British national of Pakistani origin was travelling to Vienna via Doha in a Qatar Airways flight.
The woman, identified by the ANF as Kaiser Younus, a native of Mirpur, had crossed the security, customs and ANF joint checking and was waiting in the passenger lounge when she was apprehended.
The suspect was stopped from boarding and asked for a baggage search. During the search, the ANF staff found heroin concealed in three suitcases worth £700,000 Class A drug.
She was shifted to the ANF police station where a case was registered against her.
On March 20, a Czech model was sentenced to eight years and eight months in prison for attempting to smuggle contraband from Lahore to Abu Dhabi.
Teresa Hluskova burst into tears after an additional district and sessions judge in Lahore announced the verdict. In addition to the imprisonment, she was also fined Rs113,000.
The 20-year-old model was caught with 8.3 kg heroin by customs staff while travelling to Abu Dhabi from Lahore in Jan 2018.
The customs official said that a kilo of heroin cost $2,000 in Afghanistan, $4,000 in Pakistan, $376,000 in Australia, $325,000 in Canada, $255,000 in Japan; $131,000 in the US, $100,000 in Europe, $96,000 in Russia and $52,000 in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Pictures courtesy: desiblitz.com
- Brace Yourselves for the Live Broadcast Launch of TECNO’s Spark 5 ...01:19 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Sindh launches online education for primary schools amid COVID-1912:29 PM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Hafeez urges int'l agencies for evaluating losses to ...11:11 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Protests against racism, police violence sparked in major Australian ...10:02 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- COVID-19: Complete lockdown in Islamabad on Saturday and Sunday09:45 AM | 6 Jun, 2020
- Meghan Markle speaks out about ‘Black Lives Matter’07:17 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Naveed Raza urges people to stop denying the existence of coronavirus06:51 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- Kylie Jenner tops Forbes' list of the highest-paid celebrities in the ...03:37 PM | 5 Jun, 2020
- When Is Eid Al Fitr 2020? ... So The Curiosity Begins!06:42 PM | 12 May, 2020
- Top five health benefits of eating watermelon04:08 PM | 7 May, 2020
- How to lose weight during Ramadan Kareem03:18 PM | 28 Apr, 2020
- Ramadan 2020: Keep yourself healthy with these 5 nutritional tips12:49 PM | 23 Apr, 2020